Reload this Page >

The Millenium party on Yost Van Dyke?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:04 AM
Joel

Many here will remember all the bally-hoo about a Millenium or Y2K party that was to take place the night of 1 Jan 00 on Yost Van Dyke. A number of messages here named all sorts of super-stars who had firm plans to show up. It was billed as the party of the century, etc., etc. Sooo.... did I miss my chance to meet Mick Jaggar and Charles de Gaulle (reincarnated)? And.... what DID happen?

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:06 PM
anonymous

Joel, that's Jost van Dyke ... but you did spell it like it is said!! The party had people and lots of 'em ... amazing how the price came down as the date got closer!!

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 08:08 PM
Joel

Yep! I hate it when I misspell words! And can you belive I was an English major, too!

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 05:27 AM
KC

I wasn't there, but my understanding is that Drew Barrymore and (can't think of his name)the short guy that starred in "Throw Mamma From the Train". A friend told me that it was mainly a yachting event. There was apparently also an apocalyptic cult group on hand, as well.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Lace n' Leather

I was there and it was v-e-r-y cool. Some drugs, not much though. Mostly yachts, as KC mentioned. The cult was into the End of the World kind of thing, but when it didn't happen, decided (I was told) that it must have to do with the Julian calender or that the end of the 20th C would really be Dec 31, 2000 (which obviously didn't happen either). Go figure. <BR>All in all, a nice party, a few eccentrics, and then on to the next thing.

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 08:45 PM
Marcus Aurelius

I remember it well... or most of it. While the party never lived up to its billing, Crosby, Stills, and Nash (or some guys that did one hell of an imitation) showed up and did an acoustic rendition of "Southern Cross" plus much other stuff from the sixties. <BR>The lesbian that was some kind of politico and/or women's rights nut from NY... last name Abzug... was there. Really homely. And, yes, Drew Barrymore was there and she was fat as a cow. <BR>