Notices

The Jewel Dunns River - Ocho Rio's

Nov 10th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

The Jewel Dunns River - Ocho Rio's

Hi! My boyfriend and I will be traveling to The Jewel Dunns River in early February. Looking for travelers insights for making this trip the best one we have ever been on!!! Tips for what places to eat at the resort (those to shy away from as well), helpful hints to get the best service, what to stay away from, what to go and do, any info that will make our trip the best it can be are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Also, does anyone know if they offer private dinners on the beach? If so, how do we go about setting this up?

Thanks!
Nov 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM
KVR

We stayed at this resort in December 2011. It a very nice small resort. We ate at all the dining options except Platium for dinner, but did eat there for breakfast. All was good. We really enjoyed the beach bar-b-cue and the Friday night pier dinner. The hamburgers at the grill were good also.

We did the around the resort photo shoot. Got several pics on a DVD for $60. So worth it. Not sure about a beach dinner. I'm sure it's an additional fee. Most resorts charge around $100+. You can ask at check-in. I have seen reviews in which you can book the gazebo at the top of the waterfall in the main pool.

Here's the link to my trip report:

http://www.fodors.com/community/cari...rip-report.cfm

The picture link has changed to:

https://kvrlvnphotogallery.shutterfly.com/pictures/443

Click "all" to scroll down all the photos.

My report will answer most of your questions. I think I'm about the only person on this forum who has stayed at that resort.
Nov 10th, 2013, 07:09 PM
KVR

One other thing, the jerk chicken at the Margaritaville Restaurant at the Montego Bay airport was about the best we have ever had anywhere. If you like hot and spicy.
Nov 11th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much KVR! Really appreciate the insight!

Search this Thread