"The Bachelor"goes to Aruba

Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

"The Bachelor"goes to Aruba

I don't know if anyone watches The Bachelor..however..tonights episode was filmed in Aruba.

I now wish that I would have gone ATVing..it looked to be something fun.The parts of Aruba that are being filmed are beautiful..I must have missed those places.
It showed the party bus.It was a blast.Now it makes me wanna go back and rediscover Aruba.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

I am sooo glad that Charlie kicked off Sarah the snob.HAHA!!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 04:43 AM

HEY ! I am ashamed to admit it , but I watched it as well !!!!! lol ..... Actually , I find Fodorites have done a great job of describing the look of Aruba ...... It is a hugely popular island here , probably gets the most posts , close to St.John . Although one should never say never , I will probably never visit , simply because it is the polar opposite of what I look for . Seeing it last nite I was impressed with how well it was described here , so thanx Fodorites !!!! ( I like hilly , lush , dramatic landscape , small hotels , etc. ) fun to see !!!! Faith
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

faithie-I also like lush,mountainous islands..therfore,I did not like Aruba.After watching The Bachelor..it showed parts of Aruba that I missed.Maybe oneday I will go back but not before I go to Jamaica,Costa Rica,Kauai(again),the Big Island and maybe St.Lucia.

The sunset cruise looked awesome..sitting on the net open to the ocean!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:32 AM

Costa Rica is TRULY amazing !!!! Our children loved it ! In the pool at 8:00 a.m. , being surrounded by a troup of capucin monkeys ( probably 25 ) , we were in the centre of the pool and they were laying on their bellies dipping their front and back legs in , they would switch and do the other side , watching us the whole time , babies on their mommy's backs , the whole thing ! Hearing the howler monkeys literally makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck !!! I highly recomend it !! Faith
Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

sounds very cool.My husband mentioned going there one time.I will look into it for next trip...after St John.I love places with alot of neat animals and birds.

The monkeys sound so cute and neat to watch.Thanks for that info.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

faithie..what part of Costa Rica did you go to?
Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

I just checked out the Ocotel Beach resort...have you heard of it?
Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:41 AM

I have been 3x , once with girl friends , once on my honeymoon , and again with the kids in November ...... So this last trip we just did San Jose and Manuel Antonio as the intro. for the kids . Thats 1/2 the fun with this country , its incredibly diverse , and the "itinerary " can be so varied ..... Next trip we will probably do Arenal Volcano again , as welll as the more remote Osa Peninsula . Check out Bosque Del Cabo and Lapa Rios ( Osa ) . I also like thesound of Montezuma at the tip of the Nicoya peninsula . If u want to get an idea of what Manuel Antonio looks like go look atwww.hotelparador.com , and click on photo gallery . Bit of an over the top place for me , but the pics give a nice idea of area .....We stayed this time at Hotel Costa Verde , which was great for the kids , Si Como No is also popular .
Old May 3rd, 2005, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

wow...its absolutely gorgeous.Manual Antonio will definately be on our to-do list for travel.Thanks for the info.
Old May 10th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Did anyone watch last nights show??
I thought that it was hilarious.I think that the girls put Sarah W. in her place.Charlie did as well. HAHA!!