Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Terrific all inclusive for 20 somethings? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/terrific-all-inclusive-for-20-somethings-29978/)

LAE Aug 4th, 1998 04:57 AM

Terrific all inclusive for 20 somethings?

We are just starting to plan a trip to the Carribean for around middle of January 99. There will be 3 couples - all in late twenties and all married. We are looking for romance but fun too, good variety in food (and yummy!), a good beach and a really good pool area with lots of chairs,etc to go around *(that drives us nuts!). We will try and book close to departure for a deal....any suggestions. Has to be all-inclusive and we are on a budget. All of us married within past 2 years and are looking for reasonable price. Budget doesn't include Sandals! Around $2000-$2200 per couple total (package incl. airfare). Considering Jamaica or Dominican Republic. Also-has anyone looked into Superclubs Super Suprise...would this apply to a group of freinds going or is it suprise per room??? Any advise appreciated. LAE, Ontario Canada.

Sherry Aug 4th, 1998 11:51 AM

Hi there! <BR> <BR>Just saw your message in a couple of boards. We have been to Jamaica and to DR. if we were to choose one, DR would win hands down. Jamiaca is an extremely popular destination and so it seems extremely crowded. Resorts tend be right next to each other - not too much grounds per resort. <BR> <BR>We went to Casa Del Mar in Bayahibe, DR this June/July. It was fantastic. We are in are mid-twenties (just my husband & I) and we had a ggreat time. This resort has all kinds of activities and yes, we went all-inclusive. We paid CDN $2300 for the two of us ... this includes everything. It was a 5 star resort and very luxurious. <BR> <BR>Last minute deals are good sometimes .. but they may not include the destination of your choice. It is a risk. We believe in planning ahead, so we had booked our tickets about a month and a half in advance. <BR> <BR>Also, sometimes, you get discounts for early bookings. We booked this trip with SunQuest(thru a travel agent) and goot better rates than SQ's advertised price (on the Internet site). SQ is one of those vacation companies that offer discounts on early bookings. if you need more info., please feel free to email me. <BR> <BR>Ciao, <BR>Sherry

Kit Aug 28th, 1998 09:37 AM

Hi, <BR> <BR>I just discovered this site, and read your message. Check into DR - Hacienda resorts - Garden Club through signature. I don't know if you have a travel complany called Sun Holidays in ON, but I call them from here in Winnipeg, and the guy quoted me 1078.00/person to stay at this place. The great thing about the Haciendas is it is all inclusive and, at that hotel you have a dine around option of 2 other hotels, including use of those pools and bars too. Let me know what you think. <BR> <BR>K <BR>

Wendy Aug 29th, 1998 01:53 PM

Check into Cancun Mexico. Lots of AI's to choose from and the most beautiful water you'll find. <BR>