Tell me what NOT to miss!

Feb 11th, 1999, 10:56 AM
karen

Tell me what NOT to miss!

We will only have one day in Barbados, Martinique, Dominica, St. Thomas (St.John's) ,St Martins and San Juan P.R.. We want to spend our time and our money wisely. We enjoy everything from beaching it to sightseeing excursions, from peace and quite to noisey clubs. All advice appreciated. Karen

Feb 12th, 1999, 10:34 AM
Maira

I took a similar cruise route and this is what my husband & I did that was fantastic:

Martinique- AM Snorkeling; PM walking around town. Interesting.
The people were not very friendly.

St. Thomas- AM shopping; PM beach, also the aquarium is very neat.

San Juan- Visit El Morro (spanish fort), Casa Blanca (the house that Ponce de Leon built). This is all located in Old San Juan, and you can walk from the port to all these sites. Get some rum! Try the Pina Colada in Old San Juan's Casa Maria! The rainforest excursion is a long ride and you are not taken to the best spots. Save it for when you have a whole day to do it.

Barbados- they have excellent liquor right on the harbor and they let you sample plenty, so take it easy! There are some caves, but I wasn't overly impressed with them. Walk around town. The people in Barbados are very warm and friendly.

St. Marteen- rent a jeep (approx. $50/day) and travel the whole island by yourself. Go to the Spanish fort, go to the beach (amazing) and have some typical snacks...a perfect day!

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread