TC - Coral Gardens or the Sands ?

Sep 19th, 2002, 04:39 AM
John from NJ

TC - Coral Gardens or the Sands ?

Going to TC just b4 Easter 2003 w/ wife and 3 kids (13,11,10).

Beaches is too expensive, so I've narrowed my choices to the Coral Gardens and The Sands at Grace Bay.

Any comments that may help ?

Also, any suggestions on airfare ? AA looks like the best right now.

Thanks

Sep 19th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Nancy

Hi John,
I chose The Sands for my trip next month for a couple of reasons:
They have Hobie Cats for guest use and my husband loves them.
The restaurant there is supposed to be excellent.
One of the two best snorkeling reefs is directly in front of Coral Gardens.
Normally, I would like that, but I read that the AI's bring a bunch of kiddies there for water activities frequently, and that people come from other parts of the island to snorkel and take over the chairs.
I'm sure it's not that bad - some people said it was, some people said it wasn't - but I like to minimize potential hassles on my vacation as much as possible.
I think either one of those choices would make for a wonderful vacation as I have heard a lot of really good things about both.
I just wanted to give you my impressions about why I chose The Sands.
Have a great trip!

Sep 19th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Kelly

My husband and I honeymooned in June at The Sands. It is a beautiful resort. The section of beach in front of The Sands is one of the best sections of the beach. Very quiet. Hemmingways is an excellent restaurant.

We walked down the beach to Coral Gardens to snorkel (took about 30 minutes).

Sep 19th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Kim

Kelly, I am off to the Sands next month. We have booked an oceanview studio. Can you recommend which building to stay in? I noticed there are 4 buildings on site. I think they are just numbered 1 to 4.

Sep 20th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Howard

Both places are very nice. I prefer Coral gardens primarily because of the reef right off the beach which is great for snorkeling. You can walk to the reef from Sands in about 1/2 hour. Re airfares--Choices are limited. Us Airways is going to fly to Provo from Charlotte starting in Nov and it is rumored that Delta is going to start the Atlanta flight again. Other than that it's AA thru Miami. They also fly from N.Y. a couple of times a week. If there is a way you can swing after Easter rates at most places on Provo go to off season on 15 April so it would be less expensive

Sep 20th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Kelly

Kim-I'm sorry I can't be of more help. We stayed in an oceanfront studio. I did not notice how the buildings are numbered. If you have any other questions, let me know.