Search

T&C PRO's PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C PRO's PLEASE HELP!!!!

Greetings,

I have to make a final decision... I finally have it narrowed down between Coral Gardens and T&C CLub - Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Howard loves Coral Gardens yet I have others who have come away with a negative opinion. Any of you that have been to T&C I would love to hear what you think. Any Pro's and Con's regarding the above properties...
let me know your thoughts. I am drivng myself nuts
Thanks,

ML
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 04:20 PM

Hello there!!

I don't think you can go wrong with either property; they are both on stunning Grace Bay.

One thing you should know about Coral Gardens, however, is the coral reef they have right in their beach front. It is wonderful for snorkeling, don't get me wrong, but it is so wonderful that you have A LOT of people that come to this beach front to snorkel the reef. Thus, you have crowds.

Coral Gardens is famous for the reef, and if you love to snorkel (even if you have never been before it is great for a beginner..very shallow) it can't be beat. YOu don't have to pay $$ for a snorkeling excursion (alothough this is worth it to see the beautiful waters of Provo!!).

But like I said, be aware that this section of the beach can get crowded. We walked to Coral Gardens from Allegro where we stayed, and it wasn't mobbed, but it was the second busiest section of beach, Beaches Resort being the busiest.

Another thing I noticed when we were at Coral Gardens, other tourists that were snorkeling and not staying at Coral Gardens would use the chairs and loungers which would have annoyed me to no end if I was a paying guest at COral Gardens.

Good luck in your search. LIke I said, I don't think you will be disappointed in any place you stay, especially with that gorgeous beach!

Denise
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 03:33 PM

I agree with the previous response, on how CG can get crowded because of the coral reef. It certainly is a plus for the property, but at the same time takes away from.
I was up in the air between choosing between CG and The Sands...after visting and choosing The Sands, I could have not been more pleases.

We visited CG 3x to snorkel in the morning, and ate there three times. Once at Coyaba and the other 2x at the beach bar. Neither were impressive. I hear that the rooms at CG are gourgeous...and I can not attest to that. However, what I can tell you is that they property is not impressive at all. Their pools are basic, olympic size pools. The grounds are nothing that takes you away.

I do want to say one last thing, Coyaba...many, many people we met though it was wonderful...so I do sometimes feel bad saying that we did not enjoy...but to us not impressive at all.

With all this said, I would go with T&C Club...or even The Sands...which is highly recommed by us!!!
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 04:03 PM

HI Truppidavies,

I was glad to see your positive comments about the Sands. We are going July 1-8 and staying at the Sands. We are in a gardenview studio suite.

Any tips or info about the Sands that could be of benefit to us?

Thanks!

Denise
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 06:26 AM

Love2Travel:

Relax & enjoy...simply put.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask...but too open ended - and such a good experience, I would not know where to begin.