COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

T&C - Money, Bottled Water, Food, etc

Old Oct 11th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

T&C - Money, Bottled Water, Food, etc

My wife and I are heading out to T&C this Sunday for 8 days. Just a few questions... Do they accept American $$ and Credit Cards? Are we better served bringing Traveler's Cheques? Are we allowed to bring bottled water and food into the country? If there's anything else we need to be made aware of as well, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 08:27 AM

Yes they accept US Money and Credit cards. Yes you can bring food and bottled water but I don't know why you would lug the later as bottled water is readily available on Provo
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 09:21 AM

island uses all american dollar. i travel with a cooler full of food on every vacation. meats, butter, frozen juices, premade appetizers, and my new favorite a container or two of maine lobster and some hotdog buns for lobster salad sandwiches on the beach. water is more $$ on island but agree with howard you would be crazy to lug it. they seem to like that we bring a printed list of cooler contents. and do not tape cooler shut until you check it as customs may want to peek in then they will tape it.
if you need to make calls to US you will want to find a cable and wireless phone card.
if you plan to rent a vehicle and want to go to malcolm road beach rent a jeep for just that day. saves $$. they will trade.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Will I be able to find ATMs on the island? Especially will need one near The Sands resort.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 06:43 PM

The nearest ATM is a Scotia Bank ATM at Ports of Call. You can also go into town and go directly to the Scotia Bank. Really, the island is small enough that I don't think it will take too much time even if you had to go to the SB ATM in town.
Have fun!