Notices

SWIN W DOLPHINS IN VARADERO

Nov 2nd, 1999, 02:36 PM
Nina

SWIN W DOLPHINS IN VARADERO

Quite awhile ago a posting on this site said you can swin with the dolphins in Varadero - does anyone know if this place still around and where exactly is it. I know you can swin with the dolphins in Guardalavaca but we'll be staying in Varadero for a week in Jan. 2000.

Nov 4th, 1999, 06:45 PM
Kate

Check with the tour desk at your resort where you'll find brochures and information regarding the 'swim with dolphins'. I know that a day long catamaran tour setting off from Varadero includes a 'swim with dolphins'. I'll be in Varadero the last week in November if you need more info.

Nov 5th, 1999, 07:17 PM
worfsmom

Did that tour..........or should I say I accompanied friends on that tour. I was the concientous objector of the group. They have two penned female dolphins in a massive cement prison, out in the middle of the ocean. My darling husband was also a participant.
It was part of the Catamarran boat trip.The boat tour was great, except for the poor dolphins. You went out on boat, to dolpins, then further to snorkle, then to an out island for lunch, and swim. It was worth the money (about$70,US each). If you must get in the water with the fish, please don't wear suntan lotion. Also you can't really swim with them, it's more like tread water, in a line. Pictures are taken there for you.
We're going back in two week, it was a good holiday. Stay at Beaches.

Nov 8th, 1999, 07:14 AM
Nina

Thanks for your replys, looking forward to our trip.
PS - Worfsmom - we'll be staying at Superclub Breezes Varadero, have read positive replys on this forum regarding the resort.

Search this Thread