Sweet Somerset deal

Jul 20th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Sweet Somerset deal

My wife and I are going to TCI in August and staying at The Somerset again..I was just checking out the website and they have a SWEET deal... thought I'd pass it on! www.thesomerset.com
Aug 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM

I am planning a trip for the end of November/beginning of December in honor of my husband's 40th birthday. Leaving our young kids at home and going for 6 days/5 nights.

Since we do this kind of thing so rarely, all that I have read here has convinced me that we must stay at The Somerset. We are using miles for tickets (booked back in February). I haven't booked a hotel yet, although I keep watching out for good deals...why not take advantage of slow economy?

Orbitz has been running a special that I had been planning to book -- a room a the Somerset (1BR suite with Ocean View) for an average of $520/night -- it's actually more but they give you 1 free night, so including tax, $3000 for 5 nights.

Of course, today I went back and the deal was gone. I managed to find it again through another site, but I just need confirmation on this...someone just tell me to book the room and not let it get away! On the hotel website, it's $850, so I should just do it, right? My only reluctance has been that you have to pay upfront...
Aug 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Valerie,

Have you tried contacting the Somerset by phone to see if they will match the deal? Ultimately, it is cheaper for them if you book through them and they avoid the commission to the third party,

If that doesn't work out, I'd book through the third party site if the Somerset is where you want to stay. That seems like a great price for a one BR at the Somerset (which is where I would stay too for a splurge vacation). I don't mind prepaying trip expenses, because it is nice to have a lot of the expenses already paid for so I don't get the huge credit card bill when I get home from vacation (especially right before the holidays in December). If I were in your position, I would get trio insurance, but that decision depends on your personal situation and your risk tolerance.
Sep 9th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Another great deal... www.thesomerset.com
Sep 19th, 2009, 03:22 AM

I think there are weekly specials for this resort.
We check the website often just to stay in the loop and want to take a splurge trip there.
Sep 19th, 2009, 03:41 AM

fyi. was checking info for someone on here a couple days ago. used expedia. most of provo is drastically reduced right now. i think the economy has affected provo a lot. nikki beach has closed for lack of customers.