Reload this Page >

Survey reveals visitor criticisms

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:03 AM
Harald

Due to bad attitudes, high prices and poor service a significant number of visitors would not come back to The Bahamas, an official survey confirmed. Who knows more about this survey? Where can I get a full copy?

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:13 AM
Lenore

I would love to see it as well, especially since I work for a company whose primary business is done in the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:40 AM
Robert

Harald; I believe the Bahamian Govt. themselves conducted it. It was through one of the colleges, kind of like our vocational schools, in New Providence which trains hotel workers. I read it in the Nassau Guardian a month ago. Maybe you could click on the newspaper, and peruse back issues online. Robert

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:51 AM
anon

the Harald guy who started this thread is the same one who has a personal beef with the Bahamas' lawyers and government.When no-one responds then his beef becomes one of a disgruntled tourist as this will always stir up more debate.He has been posting on various Bahamas tourism messageboards for the past few months,the best thing is to ignore him.The survey in question is the departure one done by the Ministry Of Tourism,try gov't websites.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 03:55 AM
Robert

Reminds me of the story of the old man sitting by the dirt road entrance into his village. One day a traveler came by and asked him, "Are the people friendly here?" He asked the traveler, "How about where you came from, were the people friendly there?" The traveler replied, "Oh, they were all great people, very kind and friendly." The old man replied, "You'll find the same here, too." Next day another traveler came by and the same discourse ensued, but the second traveler stated the people were mean and very unfriendly where he came from. The old man replied, "You'll find the same here, too." Just a thought. Robert

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 08:30 AM
tom

Well put Robert

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 02:27 AM
Harald

I guess we should ignore the glossy broschures about the Bahamas and the website of the Minsitry of Tourism there.Tourism is a industry. The ministry works for that industry. They even say you should visit the Bahamas year round. I do know: Bahamians are during the summertime at the beaches and they would not sweat, they even snorkel when through the Bahmaian island go the tropical storm, tourists never sit in the hotel lobbies only due to the hurricane, tourists take a sun bath at Paradise Island Beach while it is raining during Christmas, Bahamaians import drugs from Columbia only to feed the sharks, Bahamaians don´t kill tourists because it would not be a vacation dream, not even one american was killed in the Out Islands, and in The Bahamas you do not have crime and corruption and certainly you find there a nice place for investments. This is what you read in the broscures in the official Bahamas website. Anon this is what you want to let the public know too? This is the reason why the tourists are so disappointed. They expect more what they are able to get in the Bahamas due severals Bahamian Boards, Offices and Authorities are publishing to many lies. Remember Tourism is a industry. You want to be a lier too?

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 09:03 PM
xx

Harald,<BR><BR>Would you mind posting that in English please?

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 04:58 AM
xxx

I think Harald just needs to take his lithium.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Harald

Authors with adresses<BR>[email protected]<BR>xx([email protected]<BR>xxx(xxx @xxx.com<BR>are not really well educated I guess. Post a reply after you got the certificate that you are really able to answer a question.<BR>I´ll send a mail to Ministry of Tourism but I doubt that I will have success there.