Reload this Page >

Surf Side Beach Club/Salt Kettle House

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 12:12 PM
maria lee

Has anyone stayed at either of these establishments? Looking for somewhere not too big (ie resort hotels) but somewhere with a bit of character and not too expensive. Also clean and not threadbare. Am I asking too much?!!

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 12:53 PM
penny

Hi Maria lee-We have stayed at the Surfside Beach Club for many years,it is very nice,it is a little gem of a place to stay. The setting is beautiful,the rooms are lovely and the view is outstanding. It has been managed by the same people for years. It does have a private beach-it is affected by the winds,so sometimes the sand disappesrs. We just got back a few weeks ago and plan to go back next year. <BR>They have a pool,and new restaurant and snack service. We go to some of the premier resorts in the caribbean,and still love the Surfside. My friends son wanted a low key place,he chose this for his honeymoon and loved it. It is causal,lovely,and you will be pleased! <BR>Do not hesitate!!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:30 AM
Judy

I had friends stay at the Salt Kettle House a few years ago and were not pleased. I do not know why.I have heard good things about the Surfside. <BR>What time of the year are you going?

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 04:57 AM
maria

Thanks, I'll book it straight away! <BR> <BR>(Judy - we're going 27 March for 7 days - what temperatures can we expect?)

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 06:32 AM
penny

You will enjoy the Surfside-Wait to you see the view,the water just sparkles over the coral boiler rocks. You could inquire to Mrs. Harvey or others at the hotel about the weather in late March. Our first trip many years ago was in Feb. it was in the high 60's,now we go in May,Sept or October. The hotel is very relaxing and I know you will be pleasently surprised. <BR>You will love Bermuda,it is a very special island. Have you ever been there?

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 06:44 AM
penny

I learned about this sight from Parrot mom on this forum-www.keyguide.com/ <BR>Go to their forums-Judy on that sight has some wonderful photos-they go on and on. You might post your weather question there.