Suggestions Please

Oct 24th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Tiffany

Suggestions Please

My husband and I are considering Anguilla for our second trip to the Caribbean (the first being Antigua) and I was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest some accommodation. We stayed at an All-inclusive in Antigua and really enjoyed the fact that everything was taking care of and we didn't have to worry about a thing while we were there. We spend 99% of our time on the beach or doing watersports. Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Oct 24th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Mo

There are no AIs per se in Anguilla, since the need for them is negated by the low crime rate and proliferation of watersports shops.

If you have that kind of money, I recommend Cap Juluca (http://www.capjuluca.com). Everybody who goes there comes back raving about how great it was. You can get a EP or AP meal plan there or at other resorts in Anguilla, but since there are over 70 incredible and world-class restaurants on that 16 mile-long island, you may regret never leaving the property. Miss Scilly Cay and Overlook? Perish the thought!

If you have money to burn, you can rent a villa that provides a butler, chef and maid. I think the going rate at Altamer is $21,000 a week, but there are places for about a tenth that available.

The resort, whichever one you choose, will set up your car rental, watersports desires (no jetskis in Anguilla; they're illegal thank God), tours, whatever you want. So will any decent travel agent.

If you plan on spending most of your time on the beach, then Anguilla is definitely for you!

Take a look at the Caribbean-On-Line travel forum archives for more specific info: http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/ag/agforum.shtml

Oct 24th, 2002, 09:41 AM
fyu

There are no all inclusives period on Anguilla but many resorts do have meal plans and some of the better restaurants are at some of the hotels. If you go to news.ai you can see the variety of accomodations in all price ranges and check places like Cap Juluca for packages that include some meals if you want that. There are many fine restaurants and many options for lower cost resorts, dining and partying also.

Search this Thread