Search

suggestions for kids in St. Kitts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suggestions for kids in St. Kitts

Hi, Everyone:

It's time for another family sojourn to the Caribbean and this time's destination is St. Kitts. Traveling with three daughters, ages 12, 10, and 8. My wife and I have been before, so we figured we'd take the kids to Basseterre, Brimstone Hill and on a hike. We are staying at the Marriott (business meeting for spouse), so lodging is not an issue. Any suggestions as to which hike to take (they're pretty good with that stuff), restaurants, beaches, etc. would be greatly appreciated. When we visit Basseterre and Brimstone Hill, should we rent a car for the day or just cab it? We took the girls to Nevis about 18 months ago, so we'll just stay on St. Kitts. I also have the Fodor's book, which may make your responses easier. We'll be there for three full days, with an additional half day on the arrival date and an additional half day on the departure date. As always, thanks for your attention and input!
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 11:01 AM
cw

Hi,

I haven't taken a hike with him but Royston Stevens is highly recommended on the St. Kitts/Nevis board. www.roystontours.com. I think he could easily customize a rainforest hike for you and your children.

You may also want to go to the new beach bar and grille and Cockleshell Beach. It is run by the former owners of Turtle Beach, which has been sold. The kids might enjoy seeing Wilbur the pig, who hangs out there. www.reggaebeachbar.com.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 06:12 AM

Hi, I would absolutely rent a car rather than cabbing it -- we stayed at the Marriott, went to Brimstone Hill, Basseterre, Caribelle Batik and Turtle Beach and none of them are a short distance away -- cabs are very expensive. It took us about 30 minutes to get to Turtle Beach, 45 to get to Brimstone, about 15 minutes to Basseterre. We found driving around to be easy as long as you don't mind driving on the left. It's worth it to rent a car for the whole time you are there because you can also quick hop over to the beach bars and restaurants of S. Frigate Beach which is near the Marriott but would be a long hot walk for kids.
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM

I highly recommend Greg's Safaris. www.gregsafaris.com Very knowledgeable and friendly staff.

For a tour of the island contact Thenford Grey www.thenfordgrey.com

He will give you an unbelievable tour of the island.

For more island information visit www.myislands.myeyez.net

Have a great time in beautiful St. Kitts!

Old Jun 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM
iw

Car and good advice. The only thing about Turtle Beach is that Wilbert has been relocated to Reggae Beach Bar on Cockleshell Beach. Not sure of the status of Turtle Beach, now.
A day trip to Nevis might be worth your time. Hang at Chevy's for lunch or one of the local plantation inns, or Oualie Beach Hotel has great food and caters to families!
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM

There is a new upscale restaurant located at Turtle Beach. www.stkittsbeachhouse.com