We're going on our first Caribbean vacation since the arrival of our son, now almost 4 years old, and would love suggestions. In our previous travel we've enjoyed St. John for the relaxed atmosphere, snorkeling and variety of beaches; Virgin Gorda (Biras Creek) for its beauty, food and snorkeling, Bermuda (Cambridge Beaches) for its civility and luxury. Not as keen on St Croix or St Lucia so far. (Don't need night life, and definitely not casinos...) Like a bit of sights, but don't need much more than a botanical garden or historical sight for a week's vacation. Shopping optional.
So, we'd like an upscale hotel/resort/villa community, with some meals included, not-too-crowded beaches, snorkeling, a reputable kids' program (though it doesn't need lots of bells & whistles)..... so far I've looked at Turks & Caicos (Somerset, Grace Bay....), St John (Caneel Bay), Virgin Gorda (Little Dix Bay, although they seem grudging about kids)..... and wonder about the Dominican Republic, Antigua and Jamaica. And am open to anything that doesn't require more than 2 flights.
Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 2 Christmas vacation
- 3 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 4 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 5 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 6 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 7 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 8 NYE in Punta Cana
- 9 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 10 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 11 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 12 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 13 Abaco day trips
- 14 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 15 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 16 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 17 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 18 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 19 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 20 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 21 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 22 sailing the Abacos
- 23 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 24 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 25 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia