Notices

Stops on Cruise

Nov 7th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Sharon

Stops on Cruise

Cathy, Our ship will also stop in Dominica, Puerto Rico, St Kitts & Nevis, and St. Thomas. We have spent a week on St. Johns so know that area well. Any help on good snorkeling spots is appreciated. Thank You

Nov 7th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Penney

In St. Kitts (which is absolutely beautiful so bring a camera!), I beleive it is called Turtle Beach (?) but if I am wrong, it is a beach right across from Neivs and where there are monkeys about which you can feed. Good snorkeling and food as well. There is also Grairs Beach which is also beautiful - great waves.

In Puerto Rico, I would see Old San Jaun. It has alot of charm and some good shopping. You can walk to the top of Old San Juan where youwill find El Morro (spelling?) the fort. Great to see.

Nov 8th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Cathy

Hi Sharon!

I have not been to St. Kitts and Nevis or Dominica yet ( thinking about going in 2004), but Dominica is supposed to be a very beautiful, tropical island. It is volcanic like St. Lucia. Dominica is new to tourism. I know Dominica is popular as a dive destination but I don't know about its shallow reefs for snorkeling.

Of the islands you mentioned, St. Lucia and Dominica may be your best bets for snorkeling. I would check out St. Kitts as well - it may turn out to be nice as well. For information on Dominica, do a search on a search engine to see if you can find a dive shop in Dominica and e-mail them. They will be able to give you the best information on snorkeling and possibly arrange a snorkeling excursion for you.

For the time you are in port in Puerto Rico, checking out El Morro and El Yunque would be best. There is no good snorkeling near San Juan although there are good snorkeling spots farther afield. Save these for a land trip to PR.

Feel free to post any other questions.

Search this Thread