Stay in St. Kitts

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 02:41 PM
jane

Stay in St. Kitts

We will be staying in St. Kitts at the Golden Lemon for 4 days and 5 nights. Is it worth it for us to take the ferry to Nevis one day or will it be too much of a whirlwind? If we do take a day trip to Nevis, is there a public beach or do the hotels let you pay an entry fee to use their facilities for the day? If my husband was to golf at the Four Seasons could I lounge on the beach? <BR>Would love to stay a night or two on Nevis but do to the short lenghth of our stay I just don't think its possible this time. <BR>Any suggestions for our time in St. Kitts would be greatly appreciated!<BR>

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 10:36 AM
tttttt

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 12:51 PM
Doug

There is a discussion group devoted to St. Kitts/ Nevis where you you will get answers to your questions: www.geographia.com/guestbook/kitts<BR>We're going tomorrow to SK. Email me in 10 days and I'll try to help.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 02:25 PM
xx

The ferry is an adventure (in a negative sense) and takes quite a bit of time to do the trip. I wouldn't recommend it.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:54 AM
Liz

Hi Jane, Lucky you! Wish I were headed that way soon. Would recommend renting a car. There is plenty to do on St. Kitts and you may not want to take the ferry this time. If you do take it, you need to get a schedule from your hotel. It varies by the day of the week. The ferry experience is fine. You can upgrade to an air conditioned first class section on one of them if you like and it is still inexpensive. Also<BR>you can take a plane for $25 each way. <BR>I'll be happy to answer questions about St. Kitts if you wish to e-mail me.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:35 AM
Island Girl

Jane:<BR>Of course, do the day trip to Nevis, it's definitely worth it. The ferry is no problem. There are three different companies to choose from. The best one -- Carib Breeze -- takes about 40 minutes. You can lounge on Pinney's Beach -- if you have a drink or lunch at Sunshines, they let you use their loungers on the beach. It won't take long to drive around the island. Be sure to visit the Plantation Inns. Let me know if you want further info.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:35 AM
Miriam

Hello,<BR><BR>How are the beaches at St. Kitts? How expensive of an island is it? We love to be able to walk the beach. Are the beaches long? What hotel/condo place would you recommend that is not too expensive? We always go to the Caribbean in August. We also love to snorkel. Thank you for any information!<BR><BR>Miriam<BR>

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Brad

Miriam, I think the beaches in St. Kitts are great, particularly the ones on the south portion of the island (Friars, Sand Bank Bay, Turtle Beach and Cockleshell Beach). These are all pretty long and good for walking. My favorite is South Friars (I think it's one of the best beaches in the Caribbean), but all of the above are good for long walks.<BR><BR>If you're looking for a luxurious inn, Golden Lemon, Rawlins and Ottleys are spectacular properties, but then you're a little farther away from the beaches to the south. Personally, I recommend the Frigate Bay area. I have stayed at Horizons Villas there and enjoyed it. Frigate Bay resort was also decent. Timothy Beach Resort is right there, but I don't know much about it. Frigate is definitely less expensive than Horizons, but neither should be more than $200 or so a night, especially in August. The restaurants on the island range in price, but of course, a better meal will be pricier -- I'd say to expect an average of $30 per person (of course, some will be more and some less). For food, don't miss Sunday brunch at Rawlins -- it's amazing. Dinner at Ottleys is also a great bets. And there are many others.<BR><BR>As for snorkeling, South Friars Bay and White House Bay are excellent for snorkeling right off of the beach. I highly recommend both. Have a great trip and let me know if you have other questions.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Beth

Hi Miriam,<BR><BR>St. Kitts is a gorgeous island and there is good snorkeling off many of the beaches on the south peninsula. There are no hotels in that area. We stay at Timothy Beach which is off the same roundabout as the s. peninsula highway and love it. They have rooms and suites (condos) at reasonable prices too. There is snorkeling directly out from the hotel which is an added plus for us. It is the only hotel on the Caribbean beach in Frigate bay. Also, you are about a 7 minute walk from the Atlantic side which is a great walking beach although the water can be a little rough. They have rooms and suites (condos)at reasonable prices. The sunsets views off of the balconies are great!! www.timothybeach.com If you need a list of snorkeling sites, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]<BR> <BR><BR>