Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   St. Vincent Trip Report 11/30-12/12 (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/st-vincent-trip-report-11-30-12-12-a-581453/)

vinceygirl Jan 13th, 2006 06:02 PM

St. Vincent Trip Report 11/30-12/12

To those of you who read my trip report last month I want to thank you all again for keeping my friend in your prayers.

My dear friend Ardon completed his life's journey at 8:59pm this evening. The family called to let me know the end was near. His daughter held the phone to his ear I wished him God's speed, then said goodbye. 5 minutes later my phone rang. He is now at peace.

joan Jan 13th, 2006 06:07 PM

Aaah, vinceygirl, my heart and prayers go out to you. I am so glad you got to see your friend one last time. ((F)) God Bless You and Yours,
Joan

Maggi Jan 13th, 2006 06:48 PM

Vinceygirl, I remember your trip report well and was very touched when I read it. Thank you for sharing a bittersweet experience with us. What a privilege to have been able to speak to him before he was on his way. You will see each other again, I am sure.
Hugs, Maggi

mah1980 Jan 13th, 2006 07:43 PM

I too remember your trip report and am sorry for your loss. I am sorry for your friend's family's loss as well.

I am glad that you had the opportunity to speak with him one last time.

Take care.

ajax_1 Jan 14th, 2006 07:51 AM

vinceygirl, never teared over a travel forum...I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

MarionCK Jan 14th, 2006 08:53 AM

Dear Sandy,

I missed your trip report, but read it after seeing this post.

I hope you will feel the love and care of many on this board, who have come to know you and your loving and generous spirit.

You and Ardon's family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you will have clear skies tonight....so that you can find the brightest star...it will be Ardon's star.

If there is anything I can do to *talk* with you about your pain, I'm here. [email protected].

Take care...

Marion

ejcrowe Jan 14th, 2006 09:20 AM

I, too, add my name to the list of folks whose lives you touched with your story. Thank you for sharing it. You and Ardon's family will be in my thoughts.

gofishtlp Jan 14th, 2006 10:28 AM

My prayers and thoughts are with you too Vinceygirl - as they are with Ardon's family. You are a kind soul who touched a family in St. Vincent and one here in Wisconsin too.

All my best to you and your friends.

faithie Jan 14th, 2006 01:25 PM

My thoughts are with you , and prayers for the family .

brenandg Jan 14th, 2006 04:10 PM

Sandy,
I echo everyones thoughts as well. I hope you can find some solace in the fact that you were able to not only see him before he passed away, but also that your voice was one of the last that he heard. How touching that they called you in his last minutes. We have been going through the cancer situation with my FIL for some months, and it is very painful to watch someone who was so vibrant and full of life succumb to the ravages of cancer. Best wishes to you and I sincerely hope that time will heal your pain.

vinceygirl Jan 14th, 2006 06:28 PM

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful sentiments.

I don't want this post to be one of sadness but rather an example of how wonderful life is.
If I had not followed thru 30 yrs later on a teenage dream of sailing on a tall ship I wouldn't be posting this very minute.
No matter where you vacation at home or abroad take the time to savor every experience. Don't be afraid to go beyond the walls, and your comfort zone. Look what happened to me.

Life is short make every moment count.