Notices

St. Thomas - Renaissance Grand Hotel

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 06:12 AM
Jody

St. Thomas - Renaissance Grand Hotel

Hello all. My husband and I are planning a trip to the Renaissance Grand Beach hotel in St. Thomas. Anyone out there have any thoughts. Thanks!

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 05:58 AM
anon

crappy beach

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 06:07 AM
Jody

What is so "crappy" about the beach? What about Coki (spelling) beach down the road.

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 07:32 AM
anon

small, lots of eel grass, tons of boats, jet skis. You get out of the water and you have this grass clinging to you.

I wasn't impressed with Coki. We went to it and Coral World our last trip and I was underwhelmed. I thought CW was a waste.

The hotel itself is lovely. The rooms are large and well appointed, the food is inedible (for me) gourmet. Food like that is wasted on this meat and potatoes guy. I prefer plainer fare.

The grounds are nice, the staff was fine, there was a shuttle to town. Be careful if you book a tour. We did a few and they forgot to pick us up. The best thing to do it take a snorkel trip to St. John and skip their beach.

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 08:02 AM
Jody

Thanks Anon

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 09:18 AM
Tracy

I went to St Thomas 2 years ago and loved every minute of it. It was one of the most beautiful islands I have been to. We stayed at a time share, but used the beach at the Renaissance Hotel and thought it was just fine. I recommend renting a jeep while you're there and going to other beaches. Randy's Rest has a great turkey reuban. We also ate at Lindys(Ithink) Well its on a hill we loved it so much we went twice. If you can I would stay at the Marriott it is absolutly beautiful!!!! Don't get me wrong though the Renaissance is also nice. Try to go on a sailing trip called True Love- well worth it- great food& drinks.

Old Dec 6th, 2000, 04:40 AM
Jody

Thanks for the feedback Tracy.