St. Thomas, Marriot (Frenchman's reef)

Dec 9th, 1997, 02:02 PM
LJ

St. Thomas, Marriot (Frenchman's reef)

I'm planinna trip to St. Thomas in february. I think I'm staying at the Marriot. What is there to do in St. Thomas? Shopping, Night Clubs, Beaches...?
I would appreciate some info on what to do in St. Thomas. Thank you

Dec 29th, 1997, 05:30 PM
GAD

If you must go, be careful of the occasional mugging. While there, try the following:

1. Day sail to Buck Island for snorkelling.
2. Day trip to St. John & Trunk Bay (far better then Magens Bay which is in top 10 beaches in world).
3. Drink at Mountain Top.

Dec 29th, 1997, 11:38 PM
LRichter

St Thomas is GREAT. Have been 4 times. Stayed at Marriott Frenchman'sReef. Great Sunday Brunch. Water taxi to downtown Charlotte Amalie is fun. Shopping for Jewelry is much cheaper for quality items than in U.S. Rum is good and cheap. Enjoy watching cruise ships enter the harbor. Morningstar beach is nice, but not good to snorkel. My favorite day trips are 1. Catamaran sail to Jost Van Dyke with stopover at FOXY's bar, 2. Motor trip to British Virgin Gorda to the BATHS with snorkeling along the way to Norman's Caves or similar unspoiled reef. St John's is a good day trip easily reached from Red Hook via ferry and taxi. Restaurant by Wyndham's Sugar Bay hotel (I think called AGAVE) was supurb. My favorite hotel was Stouffer's (now the Renaissance) mainly because of the supurb view down the channel and across to St John's. Looks like a movie set. Have not been there since hurricane tore up several years ago, but understand it has been completely refurbished.

Dec 29th, 1997, 11:38 PM
LRichter

St Thomas is GREAT. Have been 4 times. Stayed at Marriott Frenchman'sReef. Great Sunday Brunch. Water taxi to downtown Charlotte Amalie is fun. Shopping for Jewelry is much cheaper for quality items than in U.S. Rum is good and cheap. Enjoy watching cruise ships enter the harbor. Morningstar beach is nice, but not good to snorkel. My favorite day trips are 1. Catamaran sail to Jost Van Dyke with stopover at FOXY's bar, 2. Motor trip to British Virgin Gorda to the BATHS with snorkeling along the way to Norman's Caves or similar unspoiled reef. St John's is a good day trip easily reached from Red Hook via ferry and taxi. Restaurant by Wyndham's Sugar Bay hotel (I think called AGAVE) was supurb. My favorite hotel was Stouffer's (now the Renaissance) mainly because of the supurb view down the channel and across to St John's. Looks like a movie set. Have not been there since hurricane tore up several years ago, but understand it has been completely refurbished.

Search this Thread