Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

St. Thomas Honeymoon at Pavillion and Pools hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 09:33 PM
Ben

I am planning a honeymoon January 2002 and I found this place called Pavillion and Pools Hotel in St. Thomas USVI. Problem is I have not found anyone that knows about it. It is located near Saphire Beach which I know is great. If you know of it or have stayed there please let me know. <BR>1. Were they nice facilities? <BR>2. Is the beach close to the resort (can you walk)? <BR> <BR>Thank you <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Larry

Pavillions and Pools is not a five star resort. That being said, my wife and I totally enjoyed our stay there. It is small and very intimate. The main draw being the private plunge pool in each villa. The rooms are pretty big with a full kitchen. They even do the dishes for you!There is an honor bar up front that you just fill out a slip whenever you take something. It is a 5-10 minute walk to Sapphire beach. <BR>As long as you go there with the understanding that it is not the Ritz, I think you will enjoy it.Please e-mail if you have any other questions. <BR>We are leaving for St. Thomas in 22 days!!!

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 05:39 AM
patty

Ben, <BR> <BR>Just back from a stay at Pavilions and Pools. I think Larry's comments were on the money. I would also like to add that the beach is lovely but a bit of a shlep from the rooms. But the rooms are nice and well equipped. I advise that you stock up on drinks and food in the market. We enjoyed dinner at the hotel, great ribs! <BR> <BR>Patty

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Cheri

Our friends stayed there in 1999 and since we were in St. Thomas at the same time, we visited them. We thought the room was fairly nice although it didn't have any view whatsoever. But (and I hate to break with the others here) frankly, the private pool area was not very nice. The pool itself was very plain with hardly any foliage or plants around it and it had a sort-of unsightly concrete wall surrounding it. Private, it was but it wasn't at all appealing to the eye. When we travel to the Caribbean we prefer either a pool with an ocean view, or a room with an ocean view and the Pavilions & Pools room that we saw had neither. In saying that, I'm not sure if they had other rooms that did so you may check into that. <BR> <BR>We stayed at Point Pleasant Resort and we had an absolutely beautiful ocean view from our room. I would highly recommend it. It is located very close to Pavilions & Pools. Good luck!

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 12:13 PM
patty

Just a quick comment about the view. We had a lovely view form our sliders and pool area of the island St. John. Watching the sunset was lovely.I guess certain rooms have different views depending on where they are located. <BR>And the pool area is kinda blah needs a little something but then again I was traveling with kids and they thought it was perfect!