St. Martin-Wanting to rent a beach umbrella

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in St. Martin in May. I would love to rent beach chairs and an umbrella for the whole week. Please give me any info on where I could go or a web site with that info on it. Thanks!!
Old Feb 10th, 2007, 01:13 PM

Where are you staying? Are you renting or staying in a hotel? In either case have you contacted the property directly to see if they have these available? Also if not are you renting a car, planning to go from beach to beach and take these items with you? If you can be more specific you will get more help here.
Old Feb 10th, 2007, 02:24 PM

a lot of visitors to the island use Pack Light and are very satisfied.I think it costs $25.00 a week for a chair and umbrella.
here is their web page.
http://www.sxm-services.com/packlight/index.html
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

we are renting a private villa in the oyster pond area. We will have a rental car. We will be going to many beaches and would like to have are own chairs and umbrella. My other thought is there like a wal-mart or some kind of store where we could just buy a beach umbrella then leave it at the villa we rent.
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 11:50 AM

The only place I can think of where you might be able to find chairs and an umbrella at an affordable price for the week (buying vs. renting) is Cost-U-Less, which is on the Dutch side on the way to Phillipsburg. (It's our equivalent to Sam's/Costco, but w/o a membership). Barbra might have another suggestion, though, as she is more familiar with the island than I am.
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 01:51 PM

cost u less currently does not have any umbrellas. I was just in there the other day and they had none.
I think anywhere else would probably be expensive but you could try the surpermarket called Grand Marche just outsde f Philipsburg.... They sell Heineken umbrellas.I really do not know how expensive they are though.