NO college crowds

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:32 PM
patty

NO college crowds

Lois- you seem well informed and well traveled. Any advice for traveling Easter in Caribbean w/o college flamers? Traveling solo, age 50

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:03 AM
Lois

Hi Patty,<BR><BR>I'm same age range. Of course, you know we love Barbados.<BR><BR>I think if you go Southern Caribbean (of course, Barbados is there), it's farther than most spring-breakers go. Also, they are stricter on drinking policies - a very Christian country. They celebrate Good Friday and Easter Monday (holidays).<BR><BR>Most college guys seem to favor Cancun or something similar.<BR><BR>If you like spring-like weather, Bermuda is beautiful (too cold for going in water, however. But the Sonesta has an indoor pool, I believe.<BR><BR>I'd opt for Barbados. Write me directly if you want details:<BR><BR>[email protected]<BR><BR>Re gards,<BR><BR>Lois

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Laura

You could try the very safe island of Aruba--the Bucuti is a quiet resort on an expansive beach or try the Radisson with its lush tropical grounds on beautiful Palm Beach.<BR>Also, the Caribe Hilton in San Juan Puerto Rico is a very comfortable hotel. You can book a tour to see the rainforest--I did that tour by myself while my husband was there on business. The &quot;concierge&quot; level rooms at the Hilton are the nicest with availability to a hospitality suite that serves continental breakfast-- appetizers and alcoholic drinks at night as well as providing any special needed service.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Maureen

If you're fitness minded you could look into staying at Le Sport in St. Lucia which is popular with women and is a beautiful property.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Joe College

patty, Lois - perhaps you should go to Cancun - find a nice muscular college boy (or girl if that's what you like) to keep your bed warm at night.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 10:53 AM
dawn

St. Martin is a good choice. I find it's an island that attracts the over 40 crowd more than any other age group although you will find all ages represented.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Paul

Sure - pick any area that is expensive.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Mona

Suggest looking into staying at the very friendly Sugar Mill Hotel in the British Virgin Islands. See Where2Stay.com for information or at their website.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 11:41 AM
fyi

the college crowd seems attracted to the budget places so avoid them. Aruba, Cancun, Bahamas etc where groups can rent one room and the prices are cheap so that the parents can foot the bill for their drunken sprees.