Search

St Martin to Anguilla

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Martin to Anguilla

I can only use my FF miles to get to St Martin so i would have to take the ferry to Anguilla. Is this a doable scenario? How far is St Martin airport to the ferry port?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Sunnyboy

Taking the ferry from SXM to AXA is very doable. It's done all the time by a great many visitors. I don't remember the exact schedule but the ferry makes the trip several times a day. The ferry leaves from Marigot (15 minute cab ride from the airport) and takes about 30 minutes to make the crossing to AXA. You arrive at Blowing Point and there will plenty of taxis available to take you to your hotel.

Old Apr 16th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you stay on Anguilla?
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Sunnyboy

I've been to AXA 3 times and stayed in a Junior Suite at Cap Julca. Top notch hotel, fine staff, beautiful beach. AXA has a terrific combination of some of the best beaches and best restaurants in the Caribbean. The island itself is pretty "scrubby" and lacks the dense lushness you find on the volcanic based islands. The beaches, however, more than make up for the absence of natural vegitation. Budget for a rental car, it will enhance your ability to discover many uncrowded beaches. Did I say "beaches" again? You bet - AXA is about beaches, beaches and more beaches. Have a great trip.

Old Apr 16th, 2004, 12:36 PM

The ferry leaves Marigot every 30 minutes or so during daylight hours -- you never have to wait long. There's a $2.75 departure tax & then a $10 fare that you pay on the boat - it's about a 20 minute trip. The cab fare from SXM to Marigot is about $15 for 2 & like the other poster said, it's a 15-20 minute trip, depending on traffic. You will love Anguilla!
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 12:38 PM

For ferry info, start here:
http://link.ai/

The trip from Marigot, St. Martin to Blowing Point, Anguilla is an easy one.
Sometimes a little choppy, but usually not bad.

Once on Anguilla, renting a car is easy, or you can use cabs. But the cost of a couple cab rides can quickly surpass car rental rates, and driving on Anguilla is easy.