COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

St Lucia w/ 8 &5 yr old boys

Old Sep 10th, 2000, 10:37 AM
dawn

St Lucia w/ 8 &5 yr old boys

We will be in St. Lucia for 4 days in October with our two boys at the Jaloise Hilton. Any suggestions on fun family things to do in St Lucia?

Old Sep 10th, 2000, 04:47 PM
Dawn

Any one out there that can help on this one?

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 06:11 AM
vACATIONER

They are your kids -you figure it out. Beach,water,large pool. Do you want a kids club-you are it.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 06:18 AM
lisa

Hi Dawn. I think your family will love Jalousie Hilton. If I remember correctly they do have a kids program there (I think we walked by it). Your boys should love the pool and beach at the Hilton. There are all kinds of excursions you can do with them -- boating, the volcano (which doesn't take long to see and doesn't involve a lot of walking), and the botanical gardens in Soufriere would all be good. Normally I recommend a rainforest hike but your 5-year-old is probably too little to enjoy that.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 05:44 PM
dawn

Lisa,
Thanks for the suggestions!
Dawn

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 10:05 AM
KC

Dawn, we just returned from St Lucia yesterday. It is absolutely fantastic.
We saw the Hilton and the beach looks superb!
We took our kids 4 and 6 yrs. They were just happy to play all day by the pool. We took them snorkelling at Anse Chasternet-absolutely fantastic,even our youngest one(who doesn't like water on her face could just float with armbands and see the fish, the water is crystal clear!!
We also took them on the Sunset Cruise with the Tall ship Brig Unicorn-just like a Pirate boat and they loved it, but that goes from Vigie which may be a bit far from you.
Its a beautiful island, you'll have a great time-our kids cried at the airport they didn't want to leave.