Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > St. Lucia Question -- Concern over heat in August
Notices

St. Lucia Question -- Concern over heat in August

Jul 18th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

St. Lucia Question -- Concern over heat in August

Hi there.

I am considering a week trip to St. Lucia in late August -- likely to Soufriere and Marigot.

Most lodging only have ceiling fans. Any opinions on how hot it will be and how "cool" ceiling fans are in St. Lucia? Many thanks.

Daniel
Jul 19th, 2011, 04:35 AM

weather2travel.com Climate Guide for some accurate info

for someone other than a tout...

HOT in day Humid rainy with rare hurricane not the best time to go ALWAYS get AC room unless u like to sweat bullets.

Booking.com honest reviews beware tout/scammers on the boards

never wire money always insuremytrip.com for cancellation

due to weather in Carib that time of year.
Jul 19th, 2011, 05:22 AM

A lot depends on where your accommodations are located and if they are oriented to the breeze but August anywhere in the Caribbean can be hot, humid and still. Honestly, look for a place where at the very least the bedrooms have a/c - you'll be glad you did.
Jul 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM

Hi Daniel,

August is going to be hot and humid, no doubt about it. I work at Oasis Marigot Villas, St. Lucia (coincidentally!).

You should definitely look for accommodations with at least A/C in the bedrooms. However, I can tell you based on experience that it really depends on what you are used to. We have some guests stay at some of our budget villas with no A/C, and they are perfectly fine with a breeze and some ceiling fans - which is almost always because they are from a fairly hot environment to begin with (usually southern USA).

If you are from a more temperate climate and are used to A/C, as I say, look for somewhere with at least A/C in the bedrooms.

I don't want to try and sell you on this post, as I am just trying to provide some information, but just so happens we have accommodations in Marigot Bay & Soufriere. Most of them have A/C in the bedrooms - you can always verify by looking at any accommodations specific amenity list.

If you are interested, we would be happy to help you plan your vacation. You can check us out here: www.oasismarigot.com.

Best regards and I hope you enjoy St. Lucia either way!

Ryan

Search this Thread