Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

ST. LUCIA or BARBADOS? Anyone stayed at the HILTONS on either island?

Old Jan 16th, 1998, 12:34 PM
Stephen

We have some Hilton Honors Club points that we would like to use at either the Hilton in St. Lucia or Barbados? Have you been there? Preferences for either island?

Old Jan 27th, 1998, 04:36 AM
Cathy

I know Barbados very well, been to St. Lucia once. Both are very nice, and very different. I know someone who just came back from the Hilton in Barbados - I've been there, but never stayed there - but they loved it! St. Lucia is much more mountainous, while Barbados has what you would expect in great Caribbean beaches - clear turquoise waters, white (or pink) sand beaches. St. Lucia is volcanic so the sand is darker and the water isn't as "caribbean" looking. I suggest Barbados.

Old Jan 27th, 1998, 06:25 AM
Kris

I've been to St. Lucia, and highly recommend it. It's very lush & tropical with banana plantations and palm trees. The people are very nice. I stayed at the Club St. Lucia, a wonderful all-inclusive resort. It has 2 beaches.

Old Jan 30th, 1998, 01:51 PM
Lisa Lewis

My fiance and I are planning a destination wedding/honeymoon for early October. I am leaning toward St. Lucia, but have not decided if we should do an all-inclusive (I'm thinking about one of the Sandals Resorts) or stay at a villa (Cloud 9) and book everything separately. Any suggestions?? Also, what is a decent all-inclusive price, without airfare?

Old Feb 6th, 1998, 10:39 PM
Siu

I saw some great deals in the paper from Air Jamaica Vacations to both Barbados and St. Lucia all-inclusives including air from Chicago. Prices were from $600-$900 for 9 days.