St. Lucia-Jalousie Hilton honeymoon

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Gifford

St. Lucia-Jalousie Hilton honeymoon

Has anyone been to the Jalousie Hilton on St. Lucia recently? I found a great package rate and am thinking of going there for my honeymoon. Do they offer an all-inclusive option, and if so, is it worth it?

Also, has anyone dealt with stlucia.rezrez.com, that's where I found the great package.

Last question, I hear lots of bad things about the Sandals resorts, but lots of good things too. Is it really mostly a party atmosphere or could it be quiet and romantic-I like the all-inclusive aspect but don't want a reall "touristy" and crowded party atmosphere for my honemoon.

Thanks!

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 11:41 AM
fur

we've stayed at jalousie during this past thanks giving. the resort is breath taking and very secluded, but hilly though. the villas are extremely private and really nice.

there are pros and cons for going a/i.
it's way too expensive and the food isn't good. however it is also very expensive to go from one place to another (for dinner/lunch, etc.)

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 11:45 AM
a

we've stayed at jalousie during this past thanks giving. the resort is breath taking and very secluded, but hilly though. the villas are extremely private and really nice.

there are pros and cons for going a/i.
hilton's is way too expensive and the food isn't good. however it is also very expensive to go from one place to another (for dinner/lunch, etc.) so it really depends on what you want as far as food is concerned.

about your package, try bidding at skyauction.com . you can get a really good deal from there.

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Ashley

Gifford-- we were there in July 2001. Jalousie is fabulous- it's definitely the resort to go with on St. Lucia, in my opinion. The southern end of the island is the most beautiful. We ventured up to the north (Castries) for a day, and I was so glad that we were staying on the south end- more lush, natural beauty- Pitons. Sandals is not going to compare to Jalousie's setting and uniqueness. The all-inclusive is overpriced- I think it was about $180 per day per person? You won't eat and drink that much each day. The food isn't bad- just not french cuisine or gourmet. Don't miss Bang next door for dinner. Great fish.

You will likely be upgraded at no cost when you get there. We had a mountainview villa reserved and were upgraded to an oceanview without even asking. Some friends of ours went thereafter for their honeymoon in Sept. and were also upgraded from the smaller villa to the suite. So don't pay extra for the top accommodations.

We went through Vacations Express, and paid $3800 for 7 nights, airfare from Indpls., airport transfers, and a $250 food/beverage credit at the resort. We spent about an additional $2000 on food and activities, but we weren't budgeting or watching it.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I know how it is planning a honeymoon/vacation!

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 08:19 AM
kevin

Gifford, I didn't stay at the Hilton but above it at the Ladera and We met many couples staying there as alot of people go up to Ladera for sunset and dinner at Dasheene. I highly recommend doing that. We also stayed at Sandals for our first week there and the Hilton is definitly more quiet and secluded. We had lunch at the beachfront grill at hilton and it was OK but does not compare to Dasheene or Bang. I would eat at Dasheene everynight if I were you the food is unbeleivable although you will spend at least 100 to 150 at dinner. Bang on Wednesday night puts on a great Variety show after dinner I also highly recommend it!

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Stacy

Gifford, What have you decided?

My husband and I are hoping to find a relaxing, romantic week in St. Lucia in March. We are staying an Rendezvous. We are going the all-inclusive route, although we usually don't eat lunch and want to experience other restaurants. It is worth it for the drinks alone.

Since we have made reservations, we have learned that it is very near a runway to Vigie airport, the smaller of the two. We are planning on renting a vehicle and going to different beaches and see the sights so I am not too concerned about the occasional plane. However, Rendezvou is for heterosexual couples only. Check it out at www.rendezvous.com It's sister resort is LeSport where I have heard we will find some of the best food at TAO. I can't wait.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Gifford

We still haven't decided yet. We started leaning towards Laluna on Grenada, but I just got an incredible quote, including airfare and airport transfers, for an all-inclusive package to the Jalousie. Only problem is is that the quote, from www.4allinclusives.com, is between $500-$1000 cheaper than any way I have been able to price it. Makes me wonder if 4allinclusives.com is a respectable company or if I might get shafted in the long run. Anyone ever dealt with them before? (I think I would prefer St. Lucia over Grenada because it seems much more beautiful, but I know I cold afford a 5-night honeymoon to Grenada)
Thanks!