Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   St. Lucia accommodations (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/st-lucia-accommodations-813850/)

suki7854 Nov 10th, 2009 09:02 AM

St. Lucia accommodations

Where to stay on the island of St. Lucia - we are travelling over Christmas with our two sons, ages 27 and 26. Would like a fun place, clear beach and nice accommodations - preferably a villa.

suki7854 Nov 10th, 2009 09:08 AM

The Landings has been recommended - they have a 2 or 3 bedroom villa (harborview).

progress Nov 12th, 2009 11:52 PM

Windjammer Landing will be the ideal place for you and family if you want a more seculded vacation sport you can checkout Ti-Kaye. We did reserved with serenitytvl.com which is a local tour operator on the island and they arrange every detail for us including airport tranfurs, accommodations, site seeing and the works. They have an ambassador service which is the talk of the vacation. They are on your beck on call 24-7. They can also be reach tol free at 1866-766-0794.

suki7854 Nov 13th, 2009 06:26 AM

Thank you for your response. We will definitely check out the Windjammer - the only thing I heard was that it was a real big resort. Have you heard anything about The Landings? And thank you - we do plan to call Serenity!

doug_stallings Nov 13th, 2009 07:19 AM

The Landings is a newer condo-style development, and at present it's smaller than Windjammer Landing, but you said you wanted a "fun" place, and that tends to suggest you want to be around other people with a wider range of activities. You'd find that at Windjammer Landing, though I think the "fun" factor is more for younger kids and not adults like you own kids. But I'd certainly stick close to Rodney Bay so you can enjoy the little nightlife that St. Lucia has to offer as well as the Gros Ilet Jump-up. Your sons will like the latter a lot.

suki7854 Nov 13th, 2009 07:29 AM

Thanks Doug for your response. We do want a fun place - however I should have said a place that offers a variety of activities that is not secluded - where the nightlife wouldn't be such a distance to get there. So your suggestion of sticking close to Rodney Bay is appreciated since this is our first time at St Lucia. And thank you for the suggestion of the Gros Ilet Jump-up.

suki7854 Nov 13th, 2009 07:39 AM

Doug I meant to ask if you like the Landings? The resort appears to offer a variety of activities like wind-surfing, deep sea fishing, etc.

Our family enjoys being active. We've gone deep-sea fishing, zip-lining, snorkeling, hiking, parasailing, ATVing,.

Also if there are other activities you would like to recommend please let us know - we would really appreciate it!

TY!

jonijam Nov 13th, 2009 02:49 PM

we stayed at windjammer landing with our sons, 17, 19, and 29 and there was plenty for them here. From speedboat rides and snorkeling, to banana boat rides, tubing, waterskiing, sailing, or cruising on a catamaran, plus the pool activities and floating raft, pool parties and entertainment nightly, beach barbeques, pingpong and volleyball, whatever you want to keep you busy, or do nothing at all. Town is close by for shopping, and more restaurants. the villas are gorgeous, too.

suki7854 Nov 14th, 2009 06:15 AM

Windjammer sounds like a good place to stay then! We'll see if they have availability - thank you for your reply!

progress Nov 16th, 2009 04:56 PM

Windjammer is fabulous you will definatly have the time of your life. It is very family oriented though they cater for all type of guest. You have a choice of doing all inclusive or accommodation only. Hope you have a swell time in St. Lucia.