Notices

St Kitts or Curacao Marriot?

Feb 12th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

St Kitts or Curacao Marriot?

Can't decide between the Marriot at St Kitts and Curacao. Have an opportunity to go over this Easter break with my husband and two kids ages 13 and 16. Travel time seems comparable from the Northeast US. Looking for relatively upscale feel with decent service,large pool area and nice beach. Probably won't explore offsite too much. Both seem very nice. Any suggestions for one over the other? Thanks!
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:15 PM

Whichever resort you choose, I hope you'll explore off-site. Curacao has a very nice, restored town, though the island itself isn't so beautiful. St. Kitts is lush and forested, and the island is small enough that you can actually explore pretty easily. I think you'll find a decent big-resort experience at either of these places, though the St. Kitts Marriott is attached to a nice golf course. However, my opinion is that you'd find the beach nicer in Curacao. However, neither of these is what I"d consider a "destination" resort, where I'd recommend you spend all your time.
Feb 13th, 2006, 10:33 AM

I would go to Curacao, especially if you want to hang out mostly at the hotel. The rooms are nice and the beds are very comfortable. The pool area is very lovely with a free-form tropical pool and there is never a problem getting a chaise lounge. There is a large beach. Very friendly staff.

Search this Thread