What to Do in Negril ...?

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to Do in Negril ...?

I just booked this morning my 5 day / 4 nite vacation in Negril at the Rock House Hotel. I am taking my sister away for a stress-free, pre-wedding getaway and aside from the ocean and cliff jumping, etc. I'm wondering what we can do during the course of our stay. Are there definite 'must-see's' like YS Falls, how about spending a few hours at the market - if close by? I don't know where this hotel is in relation to the rest of the hot spots, so any help would be appreciated ... I odn't imagine we will be up all night partying though!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

I'm also looking for day trip info, like 1-day boat cruises, or fun half day or 1-day excursions that were well worth the costs.
Thanks!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:59 AM

Rockhouse is a lovely hotel in the Cliffs of Negril. Great restuarant. YS Falls is absolutely beautiful but is a long way from Negril. Mayfields falls may be a little closer. There is a craft market on the beach side of Negril. Also a shopping plaza. You should visit negril.com for more information.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:49 AM

If you're willing to spend a whole day on an excursion, I would recommend going to Treasure Beach. It's worth the trip (about 1 1/2 hour drive each way) to experience a more local Jamaican experience. Hire a boat to take you up/down Black River to see mangrove, egrets, crocodiles and stop by the Pelican Bar for a drink - it's a sandbar about 1/2 way between TB and BR. Then have sunset cocktails at Jake's. Have fun!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:05 PM

Be sure to go to Roots Bamboo on seven mile beach for their live band nights. No tickets--no cover and GREAT music. Plus drinks are only $3 and very generous. Dan and Ginny