Search

St. Johns rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 04:00 PM
Angie

St. Johns rental cars

Any good places to rent from for the best daily rates? Don't want to drive in St. Thomas! Thanks!

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 06:16 PM
bob

I rented a car at the cruise ship dock in st. thomas and took the car ferry to st. john. there is not much traffic because you are never in charlotte amalie. got rate about $35 on the net i think it was budget. most jeeps on st. john are about $65-70 per day

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 05:02 AM
Mariarosa

Angie, <BR>In June 99 we rented from the Westin's car rental desk, because it was the most convenient option. We rented an open-air Vitara for a day at $50. Then later in our vacation we rented again from the Westin. It was an excellent 4 X 4 - it was not open door and it cost $55. Maybe if we would have gone into town we would have gotten a better deal, but we thought it was fair for the convenience.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Julie Harrell

We rented a jeep from Courtesy Car Rental in Cruz Bay--about $50/day for a Vitara. Greg was very helpful and they arranged to drop off the car at Caneel and pick it up from there when we were done.They are on the web at courtesycarrental.com--the listed rates ARE negotiable!! Renting on St. Thomas and then ferrying over seemed too much trouble for us-it was worth the extra $15/day to have it all done on St. John--the car ferries to the island do not run as often as the regular passenger ferries. Hope this helps!

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 04:45 PM
bob

Bob - <BR>#1) What company did you rent your car from in St. Thomas, and do they have a web address? <BR>#2) Could you possibly fit 2 adults and 4 teens in this car? <BR>#3) Did you note whether they had any problem with you taking the car to St. John by ferry? <BR>Please respond to the questions by #. Thanks a lot! <BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 04:48 PM
Connie

Oops. Sorry Bob. I thought I was supposed to enter the email address of who I wanted to reply to... <BR>So...the previous message is from me. <BR>THANKS!

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 05:42 AM
Anon

Puhleeze, it is ST. JOHN...NO ESS

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 06:14 AM
Karen

One of the agencies that allows the cars to be taken on the ferry is at www.discountcar.vi/. Geraldine and Al are extremely accomodating about pick ups. I believe Budget is another. Dependable and some of the others may allow it or limit which vehicles may go!! Make sure, if you do, that the rental agreement has a statement in it that it can be done (the ferry people MAY ask to see it) and note the restrictions - flat tires, lost keys, etc. It will not be as easy to get "service" if you need it. Also if you buy the round trip ticket for the ferry, you must return on the same company's ferry - most people opt to buy a one way fare so not to restrict returning times. And, yes, it is ST. JOHN unless you are headed to Newfoundland or Antigua or playing basketball in NY!!

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 07:36 AM
Dina

I agree with Julie. We used Courtesy Rental at Cruz Bay...you need a jeep for St. John. Too much hassle with the St. Thomas ferry, etc. etc. Rent in St. John.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 05:14 AM
Kevin

Just got back from St. John last week. Rented from Conrad Sutton Car rentals. Extremely satisfied. Rates are pretty much the same from any of the rental companies. The one thing that sets Conrad's apart is he lets you park in his lot when your in Cruz Bay. This is important beacause parking is almost impossible to find.