plunge pools or jacuzzis with great views

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend resorts/villas with beautiful views from private plunge pools or jacuzzis in the rooms/balcony/terrace? Also, if anyone knows resorts/villas with great views from the bed in the bedroom of room? Or would love to hear of some of the most romantic places/resorts/restaurants/beaches/private locations, etc. that anyone has experienced. Thank you so so much for any advice or suggestions!!
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Hands down, Las Brisas Resort in Acapulco. Not necessarily in the Caribbean, but the most romantic resort I've ever been to. Private casitas, private plunge pools, pink jeeps, private balcony, breakfast delivered to your room, etc. The resort has anything and everything you could ever need without ever leaving.

http://www.brisas.com.mx/?method=hotel&idhotel=1
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 06:48 PM

The Coral Reef Club on Barbados. There are a handful of suites with private plunge pools on their terraces. We went there for our honeymoon (stayed in an oceanfront room, not one of the suites) and it was just wonderful.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 07:19 PM

you seem to be describing ladera and/or
anse chastenet on st. lucia. both have stunning views of the pitons. can't recall which - but one has a one open wall design for the suites. very very nice.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 07:39 PM

virginia,

that's Ladera - It's on my 'To Do' list.

Too many places, Too little time/money!

It really does look like a wonderful place and they occasionally have packages on luxurylink.com
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 04:28 AM

In addition to Ladera and Anse Chastanet (anse chastanet has open air villas on the hillside above the hotel property - romantic but no plunge pools that I can recall) on St. Lucia, there is a private villa that fits the bill, that we rented for a week. It is on Brewer's Bay on Tortola - so romantic, this home had a fabulous indoor-outdoor layout. The best part was the pool overlooking the incredible turquoise bay. There are no pics on the web, it is not even listed with an agency - mostly repeat visitors. It is worth calling, they will send you pics. Price was reasonable, here is the text of their ad in the back of Caribbean Travel Magazine:

BVI - TORTOLA - PARADISE FOUND. Charming, airy, secluded villa. 2BR/2BA, pool. Spectacular view of Brewer's Bay. Short walk to beach/snorkeling. 904-725-2832.
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 04:16 PM

www.caribbeanvilla.com --www.destinationstjohn.com --www.cateredto.com -- www.donschnell.com -- www.islandgetawaysinc.com -- www.seaviewhomes.com -- all of these companys are agents/managers of some beautiful villas on St. John usvi/ many have what you are looking for. also StJohn is a wonderfull island,safe, friendly people with some of the best beaches in the caribbean !!
Old Oct 6th, 2005, 12:36 PM

In addition to Ladera and Anse Chastenet on St. Lucia, the Jalousie PLantation offers a plunge pool with nearly every villa/room. These three places are all on the southern end of the island with views of the Pitons, and all are in a similar price range.

Midway up the coast of St. Lucia is Ti Kaye Village, which is far more moderate in price than the big three. I believe 3-4 of their little cottages offer plunge pools.

LaLuna in Grenada is a lovely boutique hotel with plunge pools, too.
Old Oct 8th, 2005, 12:39 PM

I have booked a trip to St. Lucia staying in Ti-Kaye village for this November.. They have beautiful views as you are on a cliff overlooking the caribean.. The view is also seen from the plunge pool on your private cottage patio.. We are renewing our wedding vows and my husband does alot of research before he does ANYTHING.. Ti-kaye is way under priced.. I am sure in a couple of years, the prices will skyrocket. It is a well kept secret. Go to their website and see for yourself!