St. John Honeymoon Villa Suggestions

Aug 21st, 2007, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

St. John Honeymoon Villa Suggestions

We are planning our honeymoon for June 08 and would like to take any Villa/House rental suggestions anyone can offer. I have visited a LOT of the villa rental sites but its hard for me to judge based on the listings. I would like to get some details from people who have actually stayed there. We're looking for a villa in the <$2000 range (low seaon). We only need 1 bedroom but don't mind something larger as long as we dont' have to share. We'd also prefer something beachfront or at least easy walking distance to the beach with a nice view. We would prefer something secluded so that we can't see any neighbors. From what I've looked at I'd prefer something near Coral bay or at least on the Eastern side of the island. Biggest request is that it must have A/C. A definate plus would be a spa or pool. Any suggestions? Thanks
Aug 21st, 2007, 03:09 PM

check out caribbeanvilla.com BECAUSE they have a sort that will tell you a/c pool beach etc. you can see what the villas have and the prices are easy to see at the top of each listing. there are other sites, but this one only has st. john and tortola rentals. you can also check out wimco.com caribbeandays.com
caribbeanway.com these are a few of the rental sites you can also see vrbo.com, cyberrentals.com greatrentals.com

i used caribbeanvilla,com and was very satisfied.
Aug 21st, 2007, 08:22 PM

Here is a place you might want to consider - while I haven't stayed there personally -- one fodors regular gave it very high marks -- you can probably search and find his full report if you are interested.
http://www.stjohnusvivillas.com/honeymooncottage

Here is another place that I think looks great -- but no a/c:
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Both are under your price range which may be a added plus.

Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:49 AM

Hi, Try Carefreegetaway's.com & Destinationst.john.com also. or go to st.John.com for more info. on island & places.... Good Luck
Sep 29th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Those websites look good but I was wondering if anyone had any personal villa recommendations or links to reviews. Thanks
Sep 29th, 2007, 07:21 AM

if you haven't found it already, you might want to go to the usvi message boards @ usvi-on-line.com. You'll find many people, residents and visitors, who are familiar with the villas, locations and amenities on St. John and might be able to give you more specific and detailed information as well as their personal experiences with some of the villas.
Sep 29th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Hi, try this, cielovista villa thru carefreegetaway's.com although u can't walk to a beach it's close enuf to town of cruz bay & northshore beaches by car or taxi. have stayed here & it's a newer villa on gift hill 2 bdrm. w/pool we loved it!!! & the view is awesome!! also u can view this villa if u go to www.stjohncielovista.com the price is under 2,000..we will be at a villa next may called Miles Away newer villa 2 bdrm. thru destinationstjohn but the price is over 2,000 did u check on virgin-island-on-line forums?? great place to get your pro's & con's about villa & ect.... also tripadvisor.com Good Luck!!! & Congrats
Sep 30th, 2007, 09:09 AM

I can personally recommend the Honeymoon Cottage near Francis Bay. We stayed there for two weeks in June 06. It is comfortable and perfect for two. Very quiet and secluded. The location is excellent for accessing the beaches on the north shore. You are within a ten minute drive of all them. No pool, but there is a hot tub, which we never used as it was too darn hot. The a/c worked well. I read a review here on the place where the person was less than thrilled with the outdoor shower. We loved it and never had the any problems with it.

Here is a link with some photos:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...y=-m0wsp3&Ux=1
Oct 1st, 2007, 03:09 AM

I would look at the a villa called Angelica here is the link. http://caribbeanvilla.com/angelica/angelica.html

On St. John staying on the beach should not be a requirement. There are so many great beaches and almost all are void of homes. You will want to rent a car and go exploring. Any frequent vistor to St. John (we've been 12 times) will tell you the same thing. This villa is very close to town. Avoid any villa that requires you to travel Gift Hill road. When we were there in Aug/Sept that road had some very serious pot holes that could totally disable a rental car. Luckily we know the road and kept a close eye out for pit falls. In our travels we have run into a lot of couples who say they wished they weren't staying on the other side of the island. Cruz Bay has the best restaurants & bars (IMHO). Any way it's YOU & YOUR wife's honeymoon and you'll have a great time no matter where you stay & what you do.
Nov 24th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Travis25, you've taken the words right outta my mouth. My husband and I are looking for the same things for our destination, but we'd like to be there in May instead of June. I've actually compiled a spreadsheet with the info and drawn up a decent map with reef locations so far. I'd be happy to email you what I've got so far if you're interested.

No, I don't have firsthand experiences with the island yet but I'll offer what info I've got if it helps.
Good luck!!
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM

We go through Private Homes for Private Vacations (privatehomesvi.com). They are a small rental company that is based on the island, so if you have any problems, they are there for you. They meet you at the dock, take you to the rental car company, get you all set and then drive you to the house. We have stayed at Tree House, Tesseract, and Viewtiful. All were nice- Tesseract was by far the best but the others are closer to the northshore beaches. 2nd to Tesseract was Viewtiful. Tesseract has a beautiful view, pool, and really nice layout.
My husband and I are in our 20's and have been to St.John many times and also found that we enjoyed staying at Gallows Point which is walking distance to town (Cruz Bay). As much as staying towards Coral Bay will provide you with slightly shorter drives to the beaches, Cruz Bay is where you will shop, eat, etc. for the most part (atleast this is what we have found). When we stayed at Gallows, we didn't rent a jeep, we just relied on Taxis. With the houses you would definately have to rent a vehicle which is going to run you 400-500 for a week.
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Travis25,
We stayed at the villa Andante by the Sea in September which was very nice. My Trip Report is here:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...5&tid=35065196
Nov 30th, 2007, 02:16 AM

Wow, lots of suggestions. And good places. Here's another one -- a beautiful cottage in Coral Bay, overlooking loads of ocean. In Harmony Retreat. You can find it at St. John Villa Rental, www.stjohnvillarental.com. Has the pool/spa you need. If you want info about St. John, look at www.stjohntravelforum.com, which is a good source for just about anything. Have a great honeymoon.