St. Croix-Buccaneer Resort

Jan 26th, 2003, 01:22 PM
St. Croix-Buccaneer Resort

We are going to the Buccaneer Resort in May and have booked the Deluxe Oceanfront Room, but torn between that and the Luxury Ocean View Room, that has opening French doors....any advice on this? Susan
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:59 AM
You have made a great choice in The Buccaneer. We are returning in two weeks for our fourth visit. I have viewed the two types of rooms you have questions about and would offer some thoughts. First, the oceanfront rooms have just been remodeled (according to the most recent Buc newsletter) and look lovely. The question will be location more than the rooms themselves. I think the Luxury Ocean View Rooms (the "Ridge Rooms") are gorgeous--very luxurious, marble/granite baths, french doors, etc. They are located next to the main building at the top of the hill overlooking the tennis courts and the Carribean. The oceanview rooms are right at the waters edge and close to the pool. In the Ridge Rooms you will have to walk down and up the hill to get to the beach and main pool. In the oceanview rooms, you will have to walk up and down the hill for breakfast, etc. But their is a jitney available all the time if you don't like walking. I would think both rooms would be equally quiet and private.

Send me email at [email protected] if you have more questions. I don't always check this site.

Search this Thread