Which islands would meet this wish list

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'd like accomodations with 2br and 2ba (ensuite), walk to some restaurants,prefer not to rent a car. On the beach, price around $500. We have been to Cayman, T&C, Playa, Abaco, St John, we have LOVED each place. Just looking for a change. If I can answer questions about the above place just let me know.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 06:57 PM

I am not the person to help you- the places you have been I have also been (and the other places I have been don't seem "upscale" enough for your budget and what it seems you want). I did want to suggest, however, since you have not gotten a response yet that you try again with a different question and do some travel reading. Do you think Anguilla might be an idea? There are ALOT of posters here who would jump right onto a request for info. I am very interested in the idea of Grenada also but have not been. The part that stumps me is the lack of a rental car. I think maybe I might investigate Virgin Gorda anyway, with the idea of finding a place where a car is not an absolute necessity- if that is possible. Any VG experts out there? At least, by responding, I brought you back to the top of the board- good luck and happy travels.

PS If you really did love Abaco, then maybe you should take a look at Great Exuma or Stocking Island- would you be ok with a boat instead of a car? Taxi's or water taxi's? Love it, take a look. Or Isla Mujeres (look at Villa Rolandi- just chill out there or rent a golf cart??)
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 03:25 AM

You really need a car in Anguilla.
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 04:45 AM

Grenada---try Spice Island Resort or Blue Horizon for the suites. Can walk to restaurants or take the bus for very little money. Lots to see and do.

Nevis---Four Seasons. Several places within walking distance to eat, but may have to take a cab as well.
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM

Four Seasons, Nevis is a good suggestion but the price point is wrong. A 2 br/2bth golf course (1st fairway) villa is around $1500.00 USD/night during low season. Grand Cayman is the only place I know that meets the price point of $500.00/night because of all the condo competition along 7 mile beach
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM

You can probably find a condo in GC in your price range and we found that we never needed to rent a car. Many restaurants within walking distance on 7MB. We took the bus to a couple of places, as well. GC has an excellent public bus system with regular, reliable service.
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 05:49 PM

I didn't think to ask- adults or adults with children (and what ages?)- it might make a difference in what people think of. Do you want or need nightlife? shopping? what is important?
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

thank you for your help. We would like to be close to some restaurants, we are 2 couples in our 60s.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 02:58 AM

Looks like you got a good lead on the other post for Anguilla! Hope it works out- have fun!
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 09:31 AM

Look at St Martin (French side), a few upscale hotels with wonderful restaurants within walking distance (Grand Case)