We're two couples with two 13-month old toddlers looking to have a relaxing vacation in St. Barts (I've been to St. Martin already, so we're excited about St. Barts).
1) Any general advice for us? It seems like it'd be a relaxing island (after all the flights!).
2) Bugs: I'm hoping we'll miss the hurricanes, but it sounds like the mosquitoes are a year-round issue. Is it just isolated to dusk/dawn? Are they blood-thirsty and aggressive? We'd rather not have to douse our babies in DEET, but some forum chatter and the CDC site about dengue fever have me concerned.
3) Baby-friendly Beach: We'd like a place that's on a baby-friendly beach. It'll be hard to coordinate drives to a beach while managing baby nap schedules. Some place with calm waves that isn't too far from civilization would be preferred. Based on my research, it sounds like Petit Cul-de-Sac or Marigot?
4) We'd also need a 2 bedroom with a kitchen (again, I don't see us getting out for meals often). I didn't find anything great on homeaway...any other trusted sites to try? Has anyone used this website http://www.frenchcaribbeanvillas.com?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 You were replying to some who
- 2 YAHOO Password Reset Contact 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt care 24by7
- 3 AVIRA @renewal Installation CONTACT ? 1800 6817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 4 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 5 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 6 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 7 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 8 Hilton Aruba
- 9 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 10 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 11 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 12 Which Island to visit
- 13 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 14 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 15 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 16 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 17 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 18 Taking Items to Cuba
- 19 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 20 Bermuda Restaurants
- 21 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 22 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 23 Christmas vacation
- 24 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 25 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
St. Barts with toddlers in July (or Oct) - Advice on trip & lodging please!