Notices

St Barts , Nevis or Anguilla

Jan 8th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

St Barts , Nevis or Anguilla

Trying to decide were to go ? Please help '
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:18 PM
DerekD

Why don't you give us some idea of what you like and what you are looking for so we can advise. You have picked three of the most upscale islands in the Caribbean. After that, they are very different in character and feel. Great, but different. If you absolutely love a long beach and turquoise water, Anguilla is the island for you. If you like some style, shopping and great vistas, then St. Bart's is for you. IF you like history, gracious old-style living and a West Indian feel, then Nevis is for you. I have been to Anguilla and Nevis and next week I will be going to St. Bart's so I will be able to give you more insights.

Jan 8th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

I have been to Nevis . Loved that ! beaches are not that pretty though . I have also been to Virgin Gorda . It was beautiful but not as much of a native feel .Looking for an island with charm and nice beaches ,
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:45 PM

We were in St. Barts in late April and stayed at the Christoper. Unless you stay at Isle de France or along St. Jean Bay, you won't find beachfront hotels. Most people rent villas and drive to the beaches. Beach access is a bit of a pain, you normally have to drive a distance, park on the main road and walk a distance to reach the beach.

Having said the above, I would prefer Anguilla. It's much easier to get around. There are many hotels/condos beachfront, unlike St. Barts. The roads in St. Barts are just horrible, steep hills and narrow, but the views are amazing, guess it's all in what you want.

Should you decide on St. Barts, be sure to have dinner at Andy's, good prices and great food, plus he's a very friendly Brit! Food on any of these islands is expensive but Anguilla and St. Barts are known for great restaurants.

If you go to Anguilla after April 15th, the Frangipani has a package that is $1575 plus tax for 2 called the "Seven Nights: Sun, Sea and Sand" for a 1 bedroom suite including breakfast each morning. Then you can explore all the great restaurants on the island for dinner.

Hope this is of some help. Good luck in whatever you decide and have a great time.

Search this Thread