Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Luxury Caribbean - who do you book through?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it best to book through travel agent or website for luxury Caribbean hotels such as Cap Juluca, Curtain Bluff, 4 Seasons Nevis? How do you get the best deals?
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Sunnyboy

With the high end properties such as the one's you mentioned you have contact the resort or their booking agents directly (all their own web-sites). They have their own package and promotional deals. I doubt you'll find any bargains thru the discount tour people. You are considering some of the best reorts in the Caribbean and there is no shortage of people willing to pay the price.

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 10:27 AM

I asked somewhat of the same question a while ago and the response was either LuxuryLink.com or through a travel agent that uses Classic Custom to book. I think that Luxury Link has the better prices but they wouldn't work for me because their packages are almost always for couples. There is also a debate as to whether Virtuoso gets you upgrades or not. Hope this helps, if you do a search you'll find quite a few posts about this.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 12:08 PM

American Airlines vacations has packages at many high end places that beat resorts website prices.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 05:46 PM

I would use a travel agent who either has been to these properties or has someone in his or her office who has. The good ones have stayed all over the world and can really help you. There is an agent who posts on the Anguilla travel board on AOL who is knowledgeable. Her email is [email protected] She knows all about Anguilla and will be honest with you about other places.