Hello to this helpful group!
A few years ago, this group was tremendous in helping us figure out a vacation destination. For our week-long low-key family vacation, we ended up in Anguilla at a lovely small hotel (Anacoanda Hotel). It was perfect! We were on the beach, the water mostly calm, the hotel was small and we could walk to other hotel restaurants along a beautiful stretch of beach. At the time, our kids were younger. Our needs weren’t much then, we’re looking for a bit more now…
We are looking once again at the Caribbean, and are trying to zero in on an island. I know BVI and USVI were hit really hard this year and I’m not certain they’ll be ready for us in March. That said, would love to hear your thoughts. We are flying from NYC so can get most places pretty easily and are not worried about switching planes or adding a boat ride into the mix.
We are looking for an island that will allow us and kids (ages 7 & 5) to enjoy beach/water activities (walk-in snorkeling would be amazing!), kayaking, boating, maybe seeing some tortoises? Day fishing, or hiking excursions would be an added bonus. We would like to stay away from large resorts and hotels with lots of bells and whistles, in general we won’t take advantage of what they have to offer. For example, we don’t need a kids club or all-inclusive food plans, but we do need a hotel - not a rental home. I envision spending most of our time at the hotel, and taking one or two excursions to local happenings/attractions...etc.
We’re adventurous, and would to really get a sense of an island’s culture. Though we are primarily looking at the Caribbean, we would consider the Yucatan or Belize as possibilities.
I’m hoping some of you will have great suggestions for islands, and maybe even small boutique, family friendly hotels. Budget-wise, we are aiming for $200/night.
Thanks all and hope you can help us again.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 शिकार TOSHIBA PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 CONTACT TOSHIBA Techh care
- 2 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 3 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 4 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 5 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 6 Which Island to visit
- 7 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 8 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 9 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 10 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 11 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 12 Taking Items to Cuba
- 13 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 14 Bermuda Restaurants
- 15 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 16 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 17 Christmas vacation
- 18 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 19 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 20 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 21 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 22 NYE in Punta Cana
- 23 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 24 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 25 st.thomas vs st. croix
Hello to this helpful group!