Punta Cana vs. St. Kitts

Search

Punta Cana vs. St. Kitts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punta Cana vs. St. Kitts

I have been thinking of ideas for my "graduation trip" and I was set on St. Kitts until a friend of mine just went to Punta Cana and said it was amazing. My parents have a timeshare so hotels are not a concern. This trip will be at the end of my graduate degree so I'm looking for relaxation mainly and would be going around the first week in june. Anyone have any suggestions? even if it's a different island. . .
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 07:42 AM

Punta Cana and St. Kitts are very different locales. You can "relax" on either one or any island, for that matter. In order for us to give you any meanungful hints you have to tell us what YOU are seeking and perhaps what your friend told you about Punta Cana that made you think it "was amazing".

The islands in the Caribbean are all different and each has it's own special appeal. Why don't you do a bit of research by reading summaries of the various islands (you can find excellent descriptions by going to the "Destinations" link at the top of this page. Once there use the dropdown menu for the Caribbean". After reading the descriptions you'll have a much better idea about which islands appeal to YOUR SENSES. Once you narrow destinations it will be easy to pick the island that you see in your mind's eye".

Make a list of the 10 or 15 things that would make YOUR trip memorable. Tell us what they are and we will be able to guide you.
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 12:46 PM

For more information on St. Kitts be sure to visit www.myislands.myeyez.net and www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

St. Kitts is the "real" caribbean. Laid back, unspoilt, uncrowded beaches, friendly locals. It's a small island which is perfect for touring. Lots to see and do - rainforest, scenic railway, Brimstone Hill historical fortress, catamaran excursion, snorkeling, etc.

You can also go to sister island of Nevis for the day.

I have stayed at resorts in Punta Cana and found them too big and impersonal. The beaches in Punta Cana are beautiful.

I have been going to St. Kitts since I was a child and have always had a good time.