Somerset or Grace Bay Club?

Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somerset or Grace Bay Club?

My husband and I are trying to decide between Somerset or Grace Bay Club. I have been reading reviews of both and am still undecided. We have only been to Beaches with the family, so we know the area but not these 2 hotels. Any advice? Also, does Somerset have a beach bar? It didn't look like it from the website. We definitely like a bar to hang out at after the beach. Thanks for any and all comments!
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:12 PM

We have stayed at The Somerset twice and love it ( Have stayed at many other TCI resorts and Somerset is the best IMO)Yes - they have LunaSea, a pool bar , steps from the beach, great service and beach/pool service. Also the high end spot is O'Soleil, excellent bar inside or outside seating. ( Great food too) Somerset suites are beautiful, wonderful staff etc
GBC is also nice, also 2 restaurants and the have a busier bar crowd and in the PM the Infinity bar is a big draw--to us we felt it was lame and nothing to it! Nice resort as well and the new "Estate Villas" are stunning ...Somerset still our fav...
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 08:44 AM

I have stayed at both, both are gorgeous, but I have to give the edge to Somerset, it has the "it" factor, you know, something you can't really explain but feels extra special?

Somerset is my all time favorite resort. (I do have a couple of runners up now too--West Bay Club is running some terrific specials, it's a terrific place, and for a little bit less yet still ultra luxurious, Windsong. a little more like a bed and breakfast is the lovely Turks and Caicos Club, and for chic Gansevoort is pretty cool.

Somerset is my absolute favorite though. ;-)
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 07:45 AM

I have been to Somerset. They stold all of our cd's from the room, never gave us our phone messages, and when we called the manager to ask about the location of our cds was left on the phone over THIRTY minutes (we were calling from NYC!). We left 2 messages after that and never got a return call - plus the receptionist when you check in makes you feel as though she is doing you a big service by checking you in. Plus they gave us the furthest room there was because they were supposedly booked. We were there for 8 days. Not one of the other rooms we walked passed every day ever had guests!

We go to Turks a lot. Try West Bay Club. New - gorgeous, all ocean view (one bed room luxury is worth every penny), great employees, amenities etc. Really a bargain for the price. We have been there 3 times and never have been disappointed! 5 stars. I just bought the Turks and Caicos: In Focus guide from Fodors. They gave the Fodors choice award to Somerset AND West Bay Club..... At least I know West Bay Club won't steal your belongings, not give you messages, and put you in crappy rooms!
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 07:57 AM

Everyone has their opinion and the one above is VERY rare for The Somerset...can't please everyone! Somerset is the best resort on Grace bay --we have stayed at MANY of them!