Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
Notices

Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please

Jan 14th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please

Hi All,

I'm leaving for St. Martin in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if any of you Fodors experts have any "Don't Miss" advice for me. Restaurants, beaches, beautiful sights. Anything that you would tell a friend that was going.

We're staying on the French side, but we'll have a car. We are also staying for 7 days so we'll have plenty of time. We're in our mid-50's, not terribly interested in night life other than a good meal and perhaps a wine bar for a nightcap. Other than that, we are pretty open to suggestions.

Thank you!
Jan 20th, 2015, 06:34 PM

We love Grand Case and always stay there. Calmos Cafe for sunset. Lolo: we like the one on the water side that is usually crowded (never did know its name) delicious ribs, coleslaw, and grilled fish. Chilled Rose at the Grand Case Beach Club restaurant.

Anse Marcel beach is calm and beautiful.

Rosie's ribs at Mullet. The beach is beautiful but can be rough but can also be swimming pool calm.

Enjoy
Jan 25th, 2015, 04:26 AM

Love this Island!! Here are some Highlights: Anse Marcel: see the Raddison or what ever it's called these days. Take a swim with Anquilla as a backdrop. Gran Case: Tuesday night is Mardi Gras. Eat at Spiga, Sky's the Limit LOLO and Sunset Cafe. Orient Beach: great happening beach, much to do or rent a chair and umbrella get a drink and chill. Watch the planes land at the Sunset Bar.. Go to Phillipsburg to shop or see the mammoth cruise ships.Dawn Beach:Watch the Sunrise, beautiful beach with views of St. Barts, visit Busby's for reasonable breakfast, lunch, beers and use of chairs and umbrella, good snorkeling short way out from the shore. Simpson Bay: this is where most of the nightlife is and there's plenty to do and eat during the day as well. you like beautiful Yachts, they got'em. Take a look at the La Samana hotel: it's beautiful, the most luxurious and a beach and view to pay for, I meant to die for. Enjoy, it's some playground. Next time your back, and you will be, use SXM as a stepping off point to visit one of about 4 surrounding Islands:, Anguilla, St. Bart's, Saba, to name a few. Make sure you don't rent a very small under powered car. You'll need the extra power for the hills, especially around Anse Marcel.
Feb 17th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

These were all great suggestions--thank you! Yes, we really enjoyed the island and we already booked our trip back for next winter. I'd like to add a few of our favorites for someone who may find this link while researching St. Martin.

Favorite restaurants:
Sol e' Luna (romantic, beautiful and great food;
Le Pressoir (wonderful 5* food in Grand Case)
Gutside (quintessential Caribbean motif, open air dining, great owner, fun)
Ocean 82 (right on the water with wonderful seafood)
Bacchus (wonderful lunch and great place to purchase wine and gourmet food for picnics)
Palm Beach Restaurant on Palm Beach: get the chicken eggrolls

If you're thinking of renting a villa, we loved the service and villas at www.wheretostay.com

Search this Thread