Search

Caneel Bay Equivalent

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caneel Bay Equivalent

I am looking for a resort similar to St John's Caneel Bay - isolated beaches with some activities and variety in meals. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 06:34 PM
Ike

I've been to Caneel Bay, Little Dix Bay and St. Thomas. I have been to several other Caribbean islands as well. I just got back from Cap Juluca at Anguilla. I would not swap CJ for CB or any other place I've been in the Caribbean. I loved CJ and AXA. St. Martin is OK but nothing like AXA. St. Thomas was too busy. CB is laid back like Little Dix both neither can hold a candle to CJ. Good luck.
Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 04:28 AM

If snorkeling is impt to you, note that it doesn't exist at CJ. Anguilla is poor on that score.
I'd suggest Little Dix on Virgin Gorda if you liked Caneel. Many Fodors postings compare and contrast the two Rosewood resorts.
You could also look into reviews of Peter Island and Guana Island.
Have fun.
Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:32 AM

Biras Creek on Virgin Gorda also might suit your needs. It's a Relais & Chateaux resort, there's pretty good snorkeling right there at the resort, the rates include all meals (but not beverages), and you can also take a Boston whaler out to explore the North Sound area for your own personalized beach and snorkel expeditions.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 03:53 AM

As an add-on question to ejcrowe: While rustic, are the suites at Biras Creek in first rate standards if you visited there in past 6-12 months. The quality of food is important since rate includes meals. Is it very good and equivalent to Little Dix ( I realize larger resort) and Peter Island, about same size as BC?