Solo female in the Caribbean-help

Feb 6th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Solo female in the Caribbean-help

Need a short getaway to a white sandy beach and turquoise water. I am not sure Club Med Turks & Caicos is my style from what I have read. Anyone have any suggestions where I won't be surrounded by families and honeymooners and is not over crowded like Cancun?
Feb 6th, 2007, 02:41 PM

You may want to check out St Maarten or Anguilla. You might find some useful info on www.destinationcaribbean.net as there is a section for women and travel tips too.
Feb 6th, 2007, 03:14 PM

CarlaM,

I'm in the same situation as you are, except that I've decided that I definitely want to go T&C and do not want to stay at Club Med. I'll probably end up staying at one of the lower priced beachfront condominiums in a studio suite. I'm leaning towards RWI or the Alexandra because from what I've read, they get less kids than the Sands and Ocean Club/OC West. All of these resorts are in about the same price range.

I had a great vacation in December at the BodyHoliday at LeSport in St. Lucia, which is one of a very limited number of resorts that actually targets solo travelers, but unfortunately, it won't meet your criteria of white sand beaches and turquoise waters.

Good luck with your decision, and please post back with anything you find!
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:15 PM

Have you considered St John, USVI? It definitely has the beautiful beaches and water. Depends on the time of year regarding the "crowds."

Good luck!
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions. I will be interested in what you decide Beachdreams as we are in the same situation and I would like to know more about Alexandra. What time of year are you going?
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:27 AM

There are several discussions here about the Alexandra, so you might want to search for those for more information. Also, their website is http://www.alexandraresort.com/

I haven't made definite plans. I'm hoping to go in late April or early May, but if that doesn't work out, I'll probably wait and go sometime in December 2007 or next winter.
Feb 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
jgarvey

Do look into the islands of the BVI. Promise you won't be sorry if you go--more rustic and less touristy than many other places mentioned. See my suggestions on other posts. jg