Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Snorkeling - Compare to St. John, please?
Notices

Snorkeling - Compare to St. John, please?

Apr 17th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Cathy

Snorkeling - Compare to St. John, please?

Can anyone compare the snorkeling on Tobago with St. John, USVI? St. John has so much wonderful snorkeling from many shore locations. What is Tobago like?

Apr 18th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Emil

Hi Cathy,
Tobago has great snorkelling and is a very nice unspoilt island of great beauty and charm. I would definately compare the snorkelling here with St. John. As a matter of fact, the waters seem to be much more alive in Tobago. Very good snorkelling.
Just to mention, if you are interested in a rental home or condo there, please contact me. I would be happy to assist finding the right place. see website for more:
www.personalchoicevillas.com

Apr 19th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Winnie

Cathy,

We were in Tobago last year for a little over 2 weeks and have spent several long vacations in St. John. I prefer the snorkeling in St. John, but the quality of the experience can be effected by the weather and of course the time of year. We found the water to be clearer and livelier in St.J than Tobago comparing May in one to May in the other.We stayed in Charlotteville, Tobago and spent one day on the road hitting other snorkeling areas. In St. John we've always been at Maho Bay. You can see a lot of different spots there with less time spent getting to them, especially out around Maho and Cinnamon Bay.

Travel in Tobago can be slow going. If this is your choice and you rent a car, make sure the horn works!

Search this Thread