I'm looking for suggestions on where to go at the end of August - I will more than likely be travelling alone, and am more interested in the lazy, beachy type of vacation. Not very adventurous (by myself anyway), and would like to probably keep pretty much to myself, maybe going off of the resort to shop a little, but that would be about it. I live in Ohio, so I will more than likely be flying out of either Dayton, Cincinnati or Columbus airports. Planning on a week, and my budget is around $3K. I have already been to the Bahamas, so I don't really want to go again. I have heard great things about Turks & Caicos, Bermuda and Jamaica, however, I know nothing about how the weather is that time of year with hurricane season, etc. I am also not dead set on the Caribbean, but figured that would be the easiest, given where I live. I am by no means a world traveler, but have many places and things I would love to experience - mainly Europe, but have no desire to go there by myself! I have been to Cancun, Bahamas on a cruise, Las Vegas, NYC, San Diego, Chicago, Dallas, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, many parts of Florida and on many boating trips to different lakes.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:482:3831 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 3 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 4 Christmas vacation
- 5 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 6 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 7 NYE in Punta Cana
- 8 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 9 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 10 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 11 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 12 Abaco day trips
- 13 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 14 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 15 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 16 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 17 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 18 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 19 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 20 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 21 sailing the Abacos
- 22 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 23 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 24 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 25 1st time to Barbados
Single woman, mid 30's, looking to travel alone at end of August...