Shore excursions

Jan 26th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Shore excursions

I am going on a first time cruise on Holland Amercia . I am interested in some help with shore excursions. They offer a tour to Dunn's River Falls and also to Negril seven-mile beach. I can only do one. Any advice on which one I should do. Thanks
Jan 26th, 2003, 01:16 PM
As much as I always favor Negrilover others area's inJamaica, it is way to far from where the cruise ships dock in Jamaica - in the heart of Ocho Rios. It would take, I guess, about 3 hours each way to get there, if not longer. That is alot of time traveling. The beaches are well worth it though.

Dunn'sRiver Falls is literally up the hill from where the cruise ships dock. Take a cab up but bargin on the fare prior to getting in!) It is a bit steep for walking and long.

Other things to do are: the rafting tour is said to be great fun. WE have not done it but people we met on our last trip all loved it - said it was great fun. Ocho Rios also has great shopping.

Have fun!

PS: I would not pay for the Dunn's River tour on the ship - much cheaper to pay for it when you get there yourself.
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Here's another vote for Dunn's River Falls......truly a memorable experience.

Search this Thread