Beaches Accomodations in T & C

Old Sep 27th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaches Accomodations in T & C

We're planning to go to T&C in early December. We're still undecided between the Sands and Beaches. We've read all the negative feedback on Beaches but since we have 2 very young kids there are still just some things we like about it. Anyways, I have a couple of specific questions about accomodations:
In a 1 bedroom suite, is there enogh room to put a crib in the living room and another in the bedroom? Would it be possible to have a crib far enough away from the sitting area so that we could hang out there while one is taking a nap? Our kids do not sleep well in the same room so we need a way to separate them but would definitely prefer not to pay the extra $$ for a 2 bedroom suite. Also, which suites are better- the Presidential or the French Village? I've heard the FV is nicer, but why are the Presidential suites a little more $$? Also, do they have a kitchen area?
At the Sands, is a 3 bedroom suite just too big? Would we be lost in it with just 2 adults and 2 small kids? Is it just really 3 adjoining rooms or are all the bedrooms off of the living room? Are the 2 bedroom suites a good size?
Finally a REALLY odd question-is ziti readily available at the resort? Its about all my 2 year old eats right now and it has to be ziti, no spaghetti or linguini. Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 11:15 AM
mnf

We were there about a year ago and stayed in the 1 bdrm presidential suite. I think it is more money because it is closer to the beach and more convenient to more restaurants. The FV is a hike to the beach and kids club with kids. That being said - I thought it was too much money for the quality of the accomodations. It was musty and could use a good cleaning. We payed less mony for the 4 seasons nevis 1 bdrm and it had a better kids club - in our view. But I understand why Beaches has an appeal and my son did like it - less so us.

To answer your specific questions...there was no kitchen but there was a sink and refrigerator. Our room had two balconies so you could sit on the balcony with one child in the bedroom and one in the living room napping. Our room was supposed to have an ocean view - but we could only see a sliver from the balcony and I felt really cheated by paying for this. The bedroom was big enough for a crib. The bedroom had an open floor plan to the bathroom. The only part that was seperate was the toilet and shower. The tub and sink were in the main bedroom.

Sorry - I don't remember about the ziti - but I do know that the italian buffet at FV had different kinds of pasta with different sauces so I think there would be a shape that would be acceptable.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help! We did look into Nevis but with the 2 little ones we really wanted somewhere we could get to on a direct flight. We flew to St Johns a few months ago via Puerto Rico and it was just a bit too much having to switch planes & the boat ride & everything.
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 04:28 AM
mnf

We have travelled extensively in the islands with our son (who is now 5). Just for future ideas, other places we have liked - Cuisinart in Anguilla, Jumby Bay in Antigua, 4 seasons Nevis and for a change of pace Cabo san Lucas at Esperanza - they have really nice two bedroom suites. We also had an amazing time in Belize at Cayo Espanto in Casa Estrella.

But I do know what you mean about the flights and boats.
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 04:55 AM
rst

The Sands, starting with the one bedroom has a full kitchen, which is wonderful without kids, but fantastic with kids. Just so much easier to have a private breakfast, and maybe other meals and not have to go to a restaurant. The two bedroom is quite roomy. The three-bedrooms are a two-bedroom and a studio, with a connecting door. Might be a good idea for you because you could be right there but not too close, when napping or at night. I think there are some three bedroom that are not that configuration, but are only available oceanfront and are quite expensive. You can call the Sands toll free number and get very specific info and book that way. Go to thesandsresort.com and check it out.

Beaches is way overpriced for what you get.