Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Resort Paradise Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 12:08 PM
Debbie Hope

Hello, <BR>We are going to the Bahamas in June and are staying at the Sheraton Grand Resort on Paradise Island. Just want to know a little about the resort, how the service was, are the restaurants good and which one would you suggest dining at. This is our first trip to the Bahamas so any info. would be greatly appreciated. <BR>Thanks so much!

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 09:49 PM
tweedy

Debbie, I haven't stayed at the Sheraton, but I understand it is very nice. Paradise Island is really beautiful and you will have a large expanse of beach to walk on. <BR> <BR>The Sheraton is not far from the Atlantis, almost walking distance, but there is a shuttle that will take you to all the hotels on the island. <BR> <BR>You can take a water taxi over to downtown Nassau or walk over on the bridge. There are several good restaurants downtown, for lunch, try the Junkanoo Cafe, right beside the straw market and for a really nice dinner go to Cafe Matisse. I also like the Poop Deck, for a more casual evening and good seafood. <BR> <BR>There are also several restaurants on Paradise Island, ranging from fastish food (nothing is fast in the Bahamas) to gourmet restaurants. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps a bit, since I don't know the Sheraton, but I am sure you won't be disappointed. <BR> <BR>tweedy <BR> <BR>When you get to the hotel there will be all kinds of brochures and discount shopping coupons so you can decide what sounds like fun. Have a great time. <BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 1999, 04:22 AM
Amy

The Sheraton is the old Radisson and is right next to the Atlantis..so it's about a 2 minute walk! The beach is nicer than the Atlantis but the pool VERY small and remains in the shade a good part of the day due to how it is situated. Have only had lunch there and it was OK.

Old Apr 23rd, 1999, 04:24 AM
Amy

The Sheraton is the old Radisson and is right next to the Atlantis..so it's about a 2 minute walk! The beach is nicer than the Atlantis but the pool VERY small and remains in the shade a good part of the day due to how it is situated. Have only had lunch there and it was OK.

Old May 1st, 1999, 07:24 PM
Jill

I just returned last week from the Sheraton. It is fine - not plush. It has two restaurants for dinner - one Italian which was ok, the other one was very good. Service for all meals - especially lunch and breakfast was extremely slow. There is only one choice for lunch and it was so slow my husband and I ended up taking books with us and getting a table in the sun to occupy our wait. Sometimes one of us would order while the other might go up to the room for something and still return before our lunch was served. Everything was very pricey everywhere on the island. $6 - $8 for a drink, $10 for a hamburger and fries. The atmosphere is great. A band plays every afternoon and drinks are delivered to the beach. Parasailing, jet skiing, snorkeling equipment, glass bottom boat rides are available from the beach, as is hairbraiding. The Bahamian people are very friendly and helpful. Any other questions, feel free to email me. Have fun! The Sheraton also has a disco, the only one on the island, it was a lot of fun too.